Please quit with versions (GTV/Android/Firetv)

Checkoutside

Checkoutside

I just would like to say that it would be nice if you could get things together with the Androidtv/Android/Firetv apps! 

The for Firetv app STILL loads 2.0.98a from the appstore as of 4-6-24 at 1:30pm, NOT the 2.1.10a you list as the latest "stable" version.

This whole thing with Google apps or Android apps is a joke, same with the firestick versions. 

The Firestick Android app (whatever version loads from the app store) does photos badly. Kicks into a slidshow with the majority of the time being black screen, and it does not even show the entire picture. Running on same Tv and same server (WD 4.8.3.0) and using the Firestick app does fine.

The Google versions were fixed with the changing of users requiring a pin, but with v2.1.10g it is no longer working. It DOES work on the Google Android app, whatever version it loads from the app store. This is just a mess!

Please make up your minds on which apps we should use, Firestick or Android, and Google or Android. This back and forth is no good for anyone. Pick one and fix the issues and lets move on to bigger and better thing! Please!

Sorry for the rant but I have had enough of this.

Hi, our standard Android app is in the store for newer Fire TV devices so you could try that if it’s available to you.

Checkoutside

The "standard" app is the one that does NOT do photos correctly! v3.3.78. The "for Firetv" app, v2.0.98a, does do this correctly. But see, this is part of the issue. The whole "try the standard" app, try the other app thing is getting old. Pick one, make that the only one we download, fix it, and lets move on! I personally, do NOT care for the "standard Android" app, but if that would be what you guys want I would use it and judge Emby on that app as to whether it is for me.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

But all will be the Standard app in do time.

DogEyedBoy
On 06/04/2024 at 22:54, Happy2Play said:

But all will be the Standard app in do time.

When will that be? I feel like I've been hearing this for years now.

CBers
On 06/04/2024 at 19:46, Checkoutside said:

The for Firetv app STILL loads 2.0.98a from the appstore as of 4-6-24 at 1:30pm, NOT the 2.1.10a you list as the latest "stable" version.

Version 2.1.10a is the Android TV app for FireTV, not the Standard Android app.

You can sideload the latest Beta Android TV app for FireTV (v2.1.11a) by downloading the APK from here.

Checkoutside
20 minutes ago, CBers said:

Version 2.1.10a is the Android TV app for FireTV, not the Standard Android app.

You can sideload the latest Beta Android TV app for FireTV (v2.1.11a) by downloading the APK from here.

Ummm....If you look at my comment I said the FOR FIRETV version is 2.1.10a! Right now it loads 2.0.98a, NOT the "stable" 2.1.10a you mention, hard to call it "stable" if Amazon does not put it in the store. I do NOT want to be sideloading all these versions, beta or not---THAT is the point. Android Standard or not I do NOT care, just pick ONE already, work on that (which should make it easier I would think) and then we can all judge whether Emby is the one for us or not based on that. The "standard" version from Amazon appstore is the one that does photos badly!!!

1 hour ago, DogEyedBoy said:

When will that be?

For Amazon, it is basically now.  The standard app is available in the Amazon store as just "Emby".

CBers
50 minutes ago, Checkoutside said:

Ummm....If you look at my comment I said the FOR FIRETV version is 2.1.10a! Right now it loads 2.0.98a, NOT the "stable" 2.1.10a you mention, hard to call it "stable" if Amazon does not put it in the store. I do NOT want to be sideloading all these versions, beta or not---THAT is the point. Android Standard or not I do NOT care, just pick ONE already, work on that (which should make it easier I would think) and then we can all judge whether Emby is the one for us or not based on that. The "standard" version from Amazon appstore is the one that does photos badly!!!

Only trying to help.

In any case, I did say Android TV app for FireTV.

Edited by CBers