Force Client to reload guide data

tiff1002

tiff1002

I have a fairly complex setup with live tv (i import a tuner as well as m3u of hulu live tv provided by channels dvr as well as other custom m3u with things like security cams and all the m3us are made via iptvboss).

I have refresh guide data running regularly as well as my m3us and xml epg files regularly (the tuner uses emby guide data).

Now earlier today it was not working guide data wise at all and I have since fixed it, but on my TV for example it still said no guide data until I quit and reloaded the app.

Is there a way to get the client to reload the guide data from the server without reloading the whole app?

This is no big deal if there is no way I was just hoping there was.  In this particular example the app I had to reload was the emby app on an onn box (the 20 dollar android tv box from walmart)

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

I too am interested in this since this happens sometimes for my father where the guide data doesn't update. He's older and struggles with remembering how to force close the app and re-open (and forget about my mother even trying), so this would be awesome if possible. 

tiff1002

Exactly and some devices quitting and restarting isn't exactly a great solution 

BillOatman

@tiff1002  You can have a look at this.  It might help.

Edited by BillOatman

tiff1002

That's a cool tool but does that force clients to refresh because I already have the server refreshing enough.  I need a client side refresh.

BillOatman
12 hours ago, tiff1002 said:

That's a cool tool but does that force clients to refresh because I already have the server refreshing enough.  I need a client side refresh.

The clients should get the guide data from the server I believe,  So server updates, client updates.  Not true for the logos (icons), but for the guide data itself I believe it does.

tiff1002

Not my experience.  I have had a client show no guide data and quit reopen and it is there

This is no big deal if there is no way I was just hoping there was.  In this particular example the app I had to reload was the emby app on an onn box (the 20 dollar android tv box from walmart)

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

tiff1002

so that is different from the one on the app store (android tv play store) and potentially better?

On 4/13/2024 at 11:26 PM, tiff1002 said:

so that is different from the one on the app store (android tv play store) and potentially better?

Hi, yes it is.

tiff1002

Should I use that on my pixel 7 pro too?  Better version of the Windows app exist somewhere too?

10 minutes ago, tiff1002 said:

Should I use that on my pixel 7 pro too?  Better version of the Windows app exist somewhere too?

That's the same app as what you have on the pixel 7. It's also compatible with TV devices, it's just not enabled in the store yet for them.

tiff1002

Oh cool good to know.  It does work best on my android phone.

• Thanks 1