Collection Order

bakes82

bakes82

A collection on the UI has a "Collection Order" sort option, but it appears to just be the same as the year.

From the API I create a collection of and I order the Ids in the order I want them, lets say IMDB Top 200, so the first movie Id would be the first one in the array of 200 items.

Does collection order not work?

Edited by bakes82

HI, there is currently no way to do arbitrary order, only sorting on various fields.

bakes82

So what field is “collection order” and how do I set it?

image.thumb.png.02f8602a1d78a7a78bd225078a75bb63.png

That is in the metadata editor for the collection.

bakes82

It’s on the ui as a choice. So why is it there if you can’t use it lol …. See the issue?

31 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

It’s on the ui as a choice. So why is it there if you can’t use it lol …. See the issue?

No idea what you mean. The collection order means the default order of the collection, which can be set in the metadata editor on the collection. Nothing to lol about.

• 2 weeks later...
Brazer

@bakes82just got existed and wrote an app to add collection because I thought finally we can do a custom sort  on collections. So my IMDB top 250 will be in the no 1 movie to movie no 250 order. This is sadly not the case. I thought collection order was indeed a new way of custom ordering of my collections but it only uses the Display order: that is setup in the metadata of the collection. So @Luke as we have Album or Artist  can we not use this to make a custom sort order. The problem with this is that you cannot choose it as a default display order as that drop down only contains release date and sort title but at least you can select it on the Sort By filter. 

8 hours ago, Brazer said:

@bakes82just got existed and wrote an app to add collection because I thought finally we can do a custom sort  on collections. So my IMDB top 250 will be in the no 1 movie to movie no 250 order. This is sadly not the case. I thought collection order was indeed a new way of custom ordering of my collections but it only uses the Display order: that is setup in the metadata of the collection. So @Luke as we have Album or Artist  can we not use this to make a custom sort order. The problem with this is that you cannot choose it as a default display order as that drop down only contains release date and sort title but at least you can select it on the Sort By filter. 

Hi, yes we can add more options to that. Thanks.