Question about Premiere content conversion for music library

ErelyesNZ

ErelyesNZ

Hi, I have a reasonably extensive FLAC collection and rather than downloading everything from Bandcamp in MP3 it'd be a lot easier to have it all converted by a program. The FLAC is too much for my phone's Got a few questions about Premiere's functionality here.

1. Can you set what quality/format to convert to? Ideally I'd convert to Opus.

2. Will it transfer over ID3 tags, album art images, folder structure, and file naming convention?

3. Can it watch the music library for changes and automatically add/delete/update the .OPUS folder to match the source (.FLAC folder)?

Cheers!

pwhodges

You can't currently choose the codec used (mp3 - yes I know it's old hat), but you can determine the maximum bit rate allowed (per client) for conversion on the fly.

Because conversion can be done on the fly you don't have to worry about off-line conversion and the rest (nor Premiere, for that at least); just keep your FLAC library, and play as you wish after setting the bit rate limit you feel is necessary for each client device.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

• 3 weeks later...
ErelyesNZ

Rather than on the fly conversion can I do bulk conversion? So that the .FLAC are kept in one folder and the .mp3 in another?

The client device (my phone) isn't going to be connected to my home network while I'm out and about.

pwhodges

Emby will do bulk conversions of audio files (check out the three-dot menu on a folder).  The dialogue still talks about video...

I don't know how convenient it is, as I don't use mp3 now - I use LameXP for bulk audio conversions, as it can target whatever I need.

Paul