Emby Audio Files

hootie318

hootie318

I recently decided to integrate my audio into emby server. I have the details in the mp3 and flac files that I entered with m3tag. What information does Emby natively during a scan use to identify, the mp3 tags I put to the file, the filename, etc? Also, when I update any metadata in Emby does that update the tags in the file?

Thanks

Hi, we don't have this documented, but Emby supports most commonly used tags such as album/artist/albumartist, etc.

The filename is not used.

Also, when I update any metadata in Emby does that update the tags in the file?

No.

user24

Hi there, Composer and Genre are another two common tags you might use, that Emby will import into equivalent fields.

Genre will be shown at many different levels within Emby, e.g: Song, Album, Composer, Artist, Album Artist, as well as the main Genre tab.

With all of these fields you can import multiple entries. I separate them with a semi-colon in MP3tag ";" but "\\" may also work.

If you want to import tags directly into the Emby Tag field you can do that with ROONTRACKTAG (using MP3tag) at the Song level. At the moment, Emby doesn't support ROONALBUMTAG (there is an open Feature Request for it).

You might also want to investigate the MusicBrainz tags? These may be further used by Emby for identification purposes. If you search the forum threads, you will find many posts about this and other music tagging topics.

Hopefully this will be enough to get you started...

• Thanks 1