Emby is usually unable to go through the playlist.

xphorm

xphorm

Most often than not, Emby here stops playing at the end of previous track, and can't go to next one. Really don't know how to fix it, anyone experiencing the same?

Happy2Play

Can you provide more information.  How large is the playlist, what client?

I don't do large playlists and have yet to have a playlist not play until complete.

Edited by Happy2Play

xphorm

small or large playlist, it's always the same... it's the web client embedded into linux server

xphorm

i think i asked the same about 2 years ago and i think we came to conclusion that some files are nor following standards, even if it's that way, emby should be more robust, because files are playing in other players, and not even foobar reports issues with them

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, xphorm said:

i think i asked the same about 2 years ago and i think we came to conclusion that some files are nor following standards, even if it's that way, emby should be more robust, because files are playing in other players, and not even foobar reports issues with them

But Emby is not providing the player the browser is.

Edited by Happy2Play

xphorm

So Emby picked the buggy player. Player which looks completely integrated into Emby's interface. I wouldn't say it's not Emby's player.

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, xphorm said:

So Emby picked the buggy player. Player which looks completely integrated into Emby's interface. I wouldn't say it's not Emby's player.

No Emby does not pick the player in a browser ie Edge/Chrome/Brave/FireFox and so does.

Now talking a specific client/app ie Apple then yes but it is still using the platform player.  

Edited by Happy2Play

xphorm

This bug is so annoying it really stops me from using Emby, listening to remote albums from my collection... Here I found the old topic> 

Happy2Play

At the same time there is no way to compare/troubleshoot what happened in 4.7.8.0 and now 4.8.3.0 as to much has changed.

xphorm

Since it's behaving completely the same, probably nothing was changed... I don't have right now, but I will post new logs in several days....

Happy2Play

Not true as playlists have been completely rewritten and are no longer xml and have user permissions. 

But yes if it is a client browser defect choking on your media then maybe nothing has changed.  

5 hours ago, xphorm said:

I did that in topic I linked

I understand, but that topic is a year and a half old. Can we please take a fresh look at it? Thanks.

xphorm

Sure, I just can't do it immediately, but in several days...

6 minutes ago, xphorm said:

Sure, I just can't do it immediately, but in several days...

That would be great, thanks.

Can you please provide another log example? Thanks.