Issues Home Movie collections on 4.8

HansWurst

HansWurst

I have issues with the latest emby server version (4.8) after updating to it. 

Emby Shows empty collections of home media (collections that contains media the user is not authorized to see). 

That's quite annoying. Can you fix this in upcoming versions? Thanks! 

Regards 

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

HansWurst

Hi Luke,

yes, of course.

I have a lot of home media on my server and created specific collections for them. They are sorted by year, which means I have collections created for all the years:

(...)

The folder structure behind this is the same. All Media is sorted in year-folders.

Some emby users are authorised for all folders, others only for some years (=folders).

Until last server update this worked fine. E.g. User A was allowed to see all folders and he saw all collections. User B was allowed to see folders 2014-2024 and he saw only the corresponding collections.

After the update user B sees all collections (1999-2024). Collections 1999-2013 are empty (he has no permissions for the data) and collections 2014-2024 work as expected. That's annoying because user B has no benefit from the empty collections.

Regards

Happy2Play

I think I know what you are saying but specifics are needed as it sounds like you are calling folders collections.

@LukeI think there is an actual upgrade issue, and one technically has to reapply all Parental controls per user as the more I test these issues the less I am able to reproduce.  And know I was seeing lot of issues with Collections/Genres/Tags showing empty that I am not able to reproduce anymore as I have been resetting these controls testing.

• Thanks 1

HansWurst
Posted (edited)

@Happy2Play

Thanks for your response. But you misunderstood me. In fact I created collections für home media. I created a collection for each year (and some other specific data like "holidays"). That means: There is is a folder called "2000" AND there is a collection called "2000" as well. The collection "2000" contains the media of the folder "2000".

Hope, you understand, what I mean. Excuse my English. 😉

Edited by HansWurst

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

@Happy2Play

Thanks for your response. But you misunderstood me. In fact I created collections für home media. I created a collection for each year (and some other specific data like "holidays"). That means: There is is a folder called "2000" AND there is a collection called "2000" as well. The collection "2000" contains the media of the folder "2000".

Hope, you understand, what I mean. Excuse my English. 😉

Okay there are too many variables for parental control and access so we need the users exact settings.

@Lukefrom a Access only standpoint you see Collections with no items, Genres with no items, Tags with no items.  (reproducing some of the previous issues seeing)

image.png.0951c4aa4aab2b7fef77d640878bbb2c.png

Library is good,

image.thumb.png.c8d6545886ab61a358d9455509d3971b.png

Collections bad should not be 35 items as user does not have access to all so you have the entry point to empty collections.

image.thumb.png.5cbfb2c666e647a96941f992617aff8d.png

Genres same as you see all but they can be empty do to no access.

image.thumb.png.998bc98be79028255aeccd1e9944fd10.png

Tags same as above

image.thumb.png.28abb56900fe9e2c3ac0fea9a188fc0f.png

Now if Parental controls are added limiting actually happens across the board on Collections/Genres/Tags but if PA rating limit is high enough the same still could happen as above.

HansWurst

@Happy2Play

Parental controls can't be an issue because the user has full rights (18+) and all home media is rated "FSK 0".

Emby shows the collections of content, the user has no permissions  for. 

I am not sure but I think this happened with last server update.