How to configure emby to start in Windows without having to log in

mamikel
Go to solution Solved by user24,

mamikel

Emby is installed and working fine, I'm hosing Emby server on a Windows 10 PC.  I'd like to take it one step further such that Emby Server starts with Windows without having to log in on the Windows machine.  Is this possible?  If so how?

TIA

Matt

user24

Go to your Emby Server Settings page (cogwheel icon at top RHS) and select Run server at startup. I have this working similarly on a  Windows 11 PC. You also have the option of automatically launching the web app if you require this as well.

startup.thumb.jpg.dae4602667956ff89636e167c46cf5ea.jpg

Edited by user24
  • Thanks 1

mamikel

Thanks for drawing my attention back to this as I suspect I need to configure it as a service so it can run whether I've logged in or not.  I'll hunt around for how to reconfigure emby server as a service.

pwhodges

Note that running as a Windows service, Emby won't update itself.  I like that, as I prefer to control my updates.

Paul

• Thanks 1

rbjtech

Remember that the default service account will likely not have access to any remote file systems - so either create a dedicated service account for this (and give permissions) or choose to login as your normal desktop user on the service (not recommended, but it will work).

• Thanks 1

mamikel
22 hours ago, pwhodges said:

Note that running as a Windows service, Emby won't update itself.  I like that, as I prefer to control my updates.

Paul

Ah, yes.  That's perhaps why I'd not looked into running as a service till now.  I am surprised at how much more responsive it seems.

• Like 1