New seasons not in NextUp

serpi

serpi

Hi,

when I put a new season of a series in the archive, but the old seasons (that I have watched) are deleted, it doesn't show the new episodes in the NextUp on the homescreen.

This used to work before, I think now it doesn't work anymore, because the missing episodes are not included in the series anymore?!

How can I get the new seasons back in NextUp (without starting to watch the new season or putting the old seasons back on disk)?

Thanks & Ciao, Alfred

3 hours ago, serpi said:

I think now it doesn't work anymore, because the missing episodes are not included in the series anymore?!

Correct.  With the missing episodes, we still had the watched data tied to the series.  Now, if you delete everything after you watch it, the next up feature is not going to work.

HI, yes this is something we can look at improving in future updates. Thanks.

Dickydodah!

@serpiI like you delete watched episodes but I do it from the TV Shows/Episodes view with a filter for played episodes making sure to always leave one episode. It's a task I do every couple of days whilst my wife is watching stuff I'm not really interested in 😅. In the event that I accidently delete the very last watched episode I have found that you can create a "marker" file by using an empty text file renamed to the origional video file name. This is enough to fool Emby into putting an entry in next up.

This is probably the only thing that bugs me about Emby and the only thing I miss from Plex.

serpi

So, no real solution to this, just ugly workarounds.

Great, another working (and usefull) feature that was removed with 4.8 update.

14 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, yes this is something we can look at improving in future updates. Thanks.

I've read this a lot times from you, this usually means, nothing will happen.

The sad thing is, it worked just fine but was removed. So it's not something that you should "improve" in future updates but just bring it back as it was.

You should really stop making unwanted changes to emby, at least make these changes optional! The way emby now handles missing episodes is just dumb.

Hi, we'll look at improving it. Thanks for the feedback.