User has access to incorrect content through "More Like This"

Ingo

Ingo

Hi,

I have emby server 4.8.3.0 on a windows machine.

I have set up a kids folder with the content that my kids are allowed to watch and set up a library with only that folder in it.
I have set up the user for the kids and all seems well.

My Kids just showed me the thy are able to access and play content from other libraries.
If thy are on a Movie and scroll down to the more like this section. thy are no longer limited to the libraries thy have access to but actually show content of all other libraries Aswell.
This of course is not a good idea. I have tested it and can confirm that from a Anime series (Pokemen) I was able to play Bleach and Hunter X both not quite appropriate for a 8 year old.

Please look into this glitch 

Hello Ingo,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

GrimReaper

Without seeing your exact filefolder structure/naming and library paths, it'd be a wild guess why is that happening.

3 minutes ago, Ingo said:

I have tested it and can confirm that from a Anime series (Pokemen) I was able to play Bleach and Hunter X both not quite appropriate for a 8 year old.

Why don't you put some Parental Controls in place so your 8yo would never see those (or any other inappropriate) items?

image.thumb.png.a00943f36dde5f06c09ede9c21ce4940.png

Ingo

Thanks for the info   Ill be looking into the Age restriction.

Below is a screenshot of the users Access Section.

My server has 2 Drives with all the data on.
Y and Z Drive

I have folders for the different sections.
Folders are set same as my libraries.

Each Library only has access to one Folder. (exception being "Hobby&Nature" Nature)
And each folder is present in only one library

He has access to Z:\Kinder\Kinder Series
Z:\Series  is unchecked and should not be accessible but through the "More like this" section it showed.

Let me know if you need any further information.

image.png.ebe2057b36f788100a17a7e32af7e07b.png

image.png.6d8d7e6a44f3ca2c9ed4c493dd1381f1.png

PaulE123

I've seen this posted a few times now re 4.8x and it's the one thing that's keeping me on 4.7. I'll be staying put on 4.7 until it's resolved. 

Happy2Play
12 hours ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Playare you able to reproduce?

In my test user only saw items in "More Like This" that they had library access to.

• Thanks 1

visproduction

Code solution idea:

Maybe add make item not searchable checkbox in metadata media page GUI and autofill it with a check, whenever there is , no rating, X or whatever adult content gets listed in metadata.  Then writing the 'more like this function' search in homesections only needs to add 'content without the check value'  x!=1 or similar.  Also, make an entire library check box option in Library edit as not searchable.

Perhaps an optional turn not searchable off in settings page, if everyone are adult members, who are happy with a complete mix.

Dbase gets an extra column, unless there is some value that can be co-opted with the function looking for '[someDbaseValue],x'

Otherwise, how can you write a search function intelligent enough to check for ratings?

Just an idea.