Nvidia Shield - Emby for Android Tv error

JMacIver

JMacIver

Previously when I started a television show Emby would continue playing from one season to the next without issue. Now unless I click play ALL it will only continue until the season is complete then back to menu. How would one go about making it play as it did previously. For instance, if I put on Season 1 episode 5 of the grand tour, it will play up to the final episode of season 1 then go back to the show menu. Previously I would play it and it would go until there were no episodes left.

V 2.1.10g Registered

Emby Desktop 4.8.3.0

log sent thru app user MacIver

Hi.  This is how the current app is designed right now.  You can sideload the standard app on the device if you wish. 

JMacIver
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is how the current app is designed right now.  You can sideload the standard app on the device if you wish. 

Well crap, I LOATHE this new "feature", so I have to go and sideload a different version to get it back kinda sucks. I hope in a later version we have the option to continue automatically. Thanks for letting me know, and how to use a different version.

On 4/1/2024 at 4:22 PM, JMacIver said:

Well crap, I LOATHE this new "feature", so I have to go and sideload a different version to get it back kinda sucks. I hope in a later version we have the option to continue automatically. Thanks for letting me know, and how to use a different version.

Hi, it's temporary. we are working on getting the app into the store for TV devices. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
JMacIver
On 4/2/2024 at 11:20 PM, Luke said:

Hi, it's temporary. we are working on getting the app into the store for TV devices. Thanks.

Glad to see that I really hope that the new version allows continous play like it used to, the sideloaded apps also stopped after the season too so still stuck unless I uninstall the shield app and try and find an old version. You guys have been great with 99% of things and that is 90% better than the other options so glad I bought the lifetime for this so many years ago.

• Thanks 1