Problem to block an adress ip

z3ndra

z3ndra

hello,

I wanted to block the connection of a specific IP address that was connected, so I added it to the black list, and I noticed that 30 minutes later this IP address was able to connect and view content. maybe it was also necessary to delete the device used? what I have done now,

thanks in advance

Hi, can you please provide a specific example? What makes you think it was able to connect and view content?

z3ndra

quite simply for example: I enter an IP address in the blacklist, and I see the next day that it has managed to connect to read content on my server even though it should not have been able to connect normally. I tried by deleting the device from the list of connected devices and I didn't have any new connections but I don't know yet if it really worked, or perhaps no one just reconnected once. again .

Happy2Play

How are they connecting?  Connect or Direct? 

But yes deleting the device forces it to reauthenticate and most likely resolved a cached access issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z3ndra said:

quite simply for example: I enter an IP address in the blacklist, and I see the next day that it has managed to connect to read content on my server even though it should not have been able to connect normally. I tried by deleting the device from the list of connected devices and I didn't have any new connections but I don't know yet if it really worked, or perhaps no one just reconnected once. again .

Can we please look at a specific example?

Happy2Play

Is this a LAN or WAN address?

Comma separated list of IP addresses or IP/netmask entries for networks that will be allowed to connect remotely. If left blank, all remote addresses will be allowed.

Edited by Happy2Play