Random Image Sizes In Playlists

HouseOfCards
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

HouseOfCards

Happy Easter!

I was wondering if this is a known issue, or if anyone has any suggestions...

I started adding playlists, and with each added/updated item, the icon sizes are changing sporadically.  Ideally, it should look like this one...

Screenshot_20240331_122109.png.23b7bf0009203c5bab07af86a91cfcca.png

But if a add things, or rearrange things, it might jump to something similar to this...

Screenshot_20240331_122250.png.6809fc1ec1d193421bf37b0c4d57fecc.png

I get all the artwork from within the Emby search, nothing exotic...  No idea what could be causing this behavior....

Thanks!

• Solution

Hi, if you remove the cover art plugin and restart the server, how do things compare?

HouseOfCards

That fixes it...  So it's definitely related to the plug-in, but I think that add-on only exacerbates how Emby renders the images.  All of my playlists display properly once I remove the Cover Art plug-in, except one.

Screenshot_20240402_125853.png.72f7c172e5d4aac265fa7730144c2cc1.png

In this playlist I have a box set (Marvin Gaye) whose artwork is not square.  Emby shrinks everything instead of rendering the box set to fit the other square images.  Instead, this playlist shows the artwork slightly smaller than all the rest.

Screenshot_20240402_131752.png.fa38347fe754f8fded4181d93655aea7.png

So both systems do something a little wonky all by themselves, but when mixed together things get way out of hand.  I'm going to live without the Cover Art plug-in for now.  That's the quickest way to get things displaying properly for the most part.

Thanks for the tip in the right direction.  If you need any information to troubleshoot, let me know.  I recently became a lifetime subscriber, and appreciate all the work you all do.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

That is what I was initially thinking.

But if you want to keep the plugin I would look check/verify the "Use original art aspect ratio" plugin setting.

• Like 1