Automated renewal of SSL certificate ?

vincen

vincen

Hi

Does someone hosting Emby on Linux server have found out a way to renew automatically the SSL certificate for Emby ? Here my server running Emby has also webmin that is already renewing certificate automatically with Let's Encrypt every 2 months.

I use that command line to renew the certificate file in the weirdo format needed for Emby:

openssl pkcs12 -export -out /etc/webmin/certificate.pfx -inkey /etc/webmin/letsencrypt-key.pem -in /etc/webmin/letsencrypt-cert.pem -certfile /etc/webmin/letsencrypt-ca.pem

Unhappy openssl requests each time to type the password for the certificate (I have setup none for ease) so I can't automate it in cron. I have looked at different documents about openSSL but none of them works.

Everyone on Linux renewing manually certificate file ? or found an automated way to do it ?

Thanks

Vincèn

Q-Droid

The weirdo format is a standard used to store keys, certificates and other things and automation depends on what package you're using to get the certs from LE.

Openssl accepts a pass phrase as a command line argument.

-password pass:'<password>'    <-- it's better to use single quotes if you have symbols and avoid quote characters in the pass phrase

-password file:<pathname>

-password env:<shell variable>

In your case if you really don't want a password then -password pass:'' (two single quotes) should work.

It has variations depending on operation, like -passin and -passout but the above should work for you.