Possible to display non-favorites only?

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

I was browsing my library (movies) and realized that i had a few flagged as favorites that I did not want so flagged and I clicked "favorites" at the top and then simply scrolled through the listing and unfavorited the ones that were incorrect. That was easy, very easy. I also realized that there were a umber of movies that i had not favorited but should be favorites. The problem is that there is no way to display only those movies that are not favorites, at least no way i could find. 
I also noticed that in the regular display the only movies that have their status displayed is the one that my mouse cursor happens to be hovering on. 
I looked around but could find no way to display a group of movies with the current favorite status displayed for all of them. 

This seems to be a maintenance oversite as it seems almost as likely that I might want to see the movies that are currently not favorites as it is to display favorites. (Excluding the times I am just browsing looking for something to watch.)

I was wondering if there is any of the following:
1. A way to have favorite status always displayed. (This would be best for my needs)
2. A way to only display the non-favorites.
3. A way to get a report of the unfavorited movies. (This is my least favorite way as it would mean having to scroll through the list and then looking up the movies in my libraries to change their status)

Of course I might accept some other solution but I cannot really see anything but #1 really meeting my needs. 

I am open to ideas, thanks.

FYI both the Roku and Android TV app will display the heart on the poster of your favorites so that you can see them in the normal grid.

We do not have a "not favorite" filter though.

Gilgamesh_48
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

FYI both the Roku and Android TV app will display the heart on the poster of your favorites so that you can see them in the normal grid.

We do not have a "not favorite" filter though.

I did not say but i thought it was rather obvious that my question was pertaining to browser operation. I use my Rokus for watching content but i use my browser for virtually all library maintenance. I wanted to be able to see the favorite indicator on all movies and not just the one my mouse was hovering over. That is I want the favorite indicator to be on all the time IN BROWSERS. My Rokus are very good for watching but they are unsuited for library maintenance.  

Again I thought it was obvious from my question that I was asking about browser interaction particularly the fact that I mentioned the grid and the mouse hover, which does not exist on the Rokus. 

I sometimes think Emby people are chosen for their ability to misunderstand simple questions.

• Disagree 1

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I use my Rokus for watching content but i use my browser for virtually all library maintenance. I wanted to be able to see the favorite indicator on all movies and not just the one my mouse was hovering over.

You can switch to Table view, Favorites state/icon will be visible for all movies at all times, if field selected. 

Gilgamesh_48
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You can switch to Table view, Favorites state/icon will be visible for all movies at all times, if field selected. 

Thanks. I think that is exactly what i was needing. It is good that there are a number of people watching these boards so it is possible that there will be a good answer reasonably quickly. Again, Thanks. :D

Edit: Well I just tested and it is not working. When I switch to table or tablet view I do not see the favorite icon unless I am hovering over the poster. It is disappointing but really nothing has changed so I am just at the same place I was before. 
Any more guesses?

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Well I just tested and it is not working. When I switch to table or tablet view

Screenshot_20240331_162030_edit_240186643424675.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_162041_edit_240204521859773.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_162056_edit_240225058273254.jpg

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48

Well that is a different tablet/table view. I will look at it. I am not sure it is exactly what i want but it is better, for what i want to do, I thank you.

Gilgamesh_48
8 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

And you can filter on them 😉

image.thumb.png.30d97338f7ec98717a6c25b0ec98e074.png

image.thumb.png.48f584c0370a237139ef7ce775acd037.png

Well that view works, sort of.  But it does not display the heart icon at all. I can filter on favorites and only favorites will be shown but the only way i know a movie is favorited is if I click on it and view its main screen. The table display has no heart at all.

I am not at all sure this is worth the effort. 

BTW: If it matters I am running the beta as my only server. I intended to have one beta and one release but my release server's computer failed and I am now only running beta, at least until there is another release. 

jaycedk
9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

BTW: If it matters I am running the beta as my only server. I intended to have one beta and one release but my release server's computer failed and I am now only running beta, at least until there is another release. 

Not sure, not using beta atm.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I did not say but i thought it was rather obvious that my question was pertaining to browser operation

I knew that and that's why I prefaced my statement with "FYI" - because it was just additional information that may help you.