Where do I find my password for my server?

Ronstang

Ronstang

I never use a password to log into my server because I access it on my LAN and I have never had to enter a password before.  Now one of my TVs won't let me switch users back to ME.  I find it stupid that anyone can use any of my users' accounts from the top under profiles?  My special needs son keeps logging into the wrong account and using it.....STUPID, this should no be possible.  On top of that now I cannot get back into my profile on the den TV because it asks for a password....that I don't remember and don't know where to find as all my other TVs simply log on without a password and even when I sigh out and sign back in it does not ask for a password.  This is the only TV I use that I use a Firestick to access emby.  Could that be the issue?  Every time I type in what I think is my password and hit next it simply displays the screen with the blocked out password and if I continue it goes right back to the account the TV is currently logged onto.  This is ridiculous.

Ronstang

OK, what is this garbage....I just got an email that my account has been locked because of 3 failed login attempts from Atlanta GA.....yet none of my family in Atlanta has an account on my server and I am not in Atlanta....those failed attempts were ME.  Why does emby think these are from Atlanta?  

13 hours ago, Ronstang said:

Why does emby think these are from Atlanta? 

That location is guessed based on the IP address.  It can be incorrect with proxies, VPNs etc.

Why don't you just change your password on your server to something you know?

Happy2Play

Isn't that email from Connect?

You are logged in here so I assume you know your forum/Connect password.

And if you can log into other clients you can go to the user and change/reset the password for Local user account.