EMBY for the win ...AGAIN

chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

Finally got my son to switch from PLEX to EMBY. Always said whats going on with the crappy plex.. He has an APPLE TV and talked him into intalling EMBY.

Had him play a 4K movie; flawless.. Had him play a few movies that would take FOREVER to load in plex...flawless.

Again...EMBY FOR THE WIN !!!!!!

Cipri1984

Emby doesn´t do HDR and Dolby Vision on the Apple TV. Plex does. Infuse does. So, until Emby for the ATV supports HDR/DV, it can never win.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

chrisrobbins1970

That my be true. But for my needs..Emby is the winner over PLEX

• 2 weeks later...
RanmaCanada
On 30/03/2024 at 18:04, Cipri1984 said:

Emby doesn´t do HDR and Dolby Vision on the Apple TV. Plex does. Infuse does. So, until Emby for the ATV supports HDR/DV, it can never win.

It does with InFuse. Native support probably won't happen in our lifetime as the device is a major PITA to work with apparently.

ng4ever
1 minute ago, RanmaCanada said:

It does with InFuse. Native support probably won't happen in our lifetime as the device is a major PITA to work with apparently.

Apple devices always seem like that sadly. :(

You were talking about the Apple TV right ?

bakes82
1 hour ago, RanmaCanada said:

Except plex has it working. Netflix and all the other platforms have it working and infuse. It’s more a development/skill issues than a device.  I don’t believe they have dedicated iOS developers like iirc they have a dedicated Roku person.  Like I’m not a plumber and not all plumbers can do all jobs sometimes you need to find a specific skill set and job becomes easier. Just like a jr dev probably wouldn’t be figuring out complex code, I wouldn’t expect a non ios, other dev who knows some ios to do complex media apps. Doesnt safari also support hdr and maybe dv in the browser …..

RanmaCanada
13 hours ago, ng4ever said:

Apple devices always seem like that sadly. :(

You were talking about the Apple TV right ?

Yes. CrApple devices have a serious problem with letting users use them as they want. They are great if you want to stick to their eco-system, but otherwise I would steer clear of them.

• Facepalm 1
  • Agree 2

Cipri1984
On 4/9/2024 at 2:34 AM, RanmaCanada said:

It does with InFuse. 

I know. But I meant native on the Emby app.

RanmaCanada
On 10/04/2024 at 14:07, Cipri1984 said:

I know. But I meant native on the Emby app.

Again, probably not in our lifetime. The devs have been working on it for years. YEARS. Even Jellyfin gave up on making a working app for Apple TV. Plex has 10's of millions of dollars and well over 100 PAID staff members. Infuse is piggy backing on Kodi. The devs here are working hard, but if it was easy to work with, like Android, they would have had it working properly after the first year.

bakes82

Who says they are working on it lol, if you don't have devs with knowledge of the platform they don't work on it.  The iOS app hasn't been updated in months and the fixes for from 2m to 6m ago have been "interface" fixes, so they aren't dedicating resources to it.  Has nothing to do with it be easy or not.  IOS development is also easier than android lol "Android developers commonly utilize Java and/or Kotlin, but iOS developers use Swift, Apple’s native programming language. Swift is typically easier to use and necessitates less code work when developing native mobile apps. Less code equals saving time and money when creating an iOS app for the iPhone or iPad"

You can find numerous articles that talk about iOS. being a easier platform for developers, you don't need to support 10000s different hardware configurations and implementations, most iOS people run current versions unlike android.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/comparing-android-vs-ios-development-which-one-best-your-mobile#:~:text=Android developers commonly utilize Java,for the iPhone or iPad.