Spezialepisoden-Info von TheTVDB wird nicht mehr gesetzt

Zeckro

Zeckro

Hallo, seit geraumer Zeit werden die Spezialepisoden-Infos (Ausstrahlung während Staffel und Ausstrahlung vor Episode) von TheTVDB nicht mehr gesetzt. Ich weiß nicht mehr genau ab welcher Version dieser Fehler existiert, könnte schon seit 4.8.1.0 sein. Alles andere wird gesetzt.

HI there, can you please provide a specific example?  Thanks.

Zeckro
11 hours ago, Luke said:

HI there, can you please provide a specific example?  Thanks.

Ich habe das Problem unabhängig von einer Serie, aber okay. S00E129 der heute-show ist ein neueres Beispiel. Anbei sind meine Einstellungen für die Metadaten.

Bildschirmfoto_2-4-2024_20833.jpeg

@Zeckroand what exactly happened with that particular episode? Can you please show that? Thanks.

Happy2Play
On 4/2/2024 at 11:10 AM, Zeckro said:

I have the problem regardless of a series, but okay. S00E129 of the Today show is a more recent example. Attached are my settings for the metadata.

Sorry I do not follow as there are no specials for the Today Show.

We would need a specific example.

@Lukeit does appear to be broken. (Star Trek Discovery S00E04)

"id": 10411361,
            "seriesId": 328711,
            "name": "Inside The Final Season",
            "aired": "2024-03-28",
            "runtime": 22,
            "overview": "Wil Wheaton hosts this special look at Star Trek: Discovery's fifth and final season. Featuring an exclusive interview with series star Sonequa Martin-Green , sneak peeks and much more",
            "isMovie": 0,
            "number": 4,
            "seasonNumber": 0,
            "lastUpdated": "2024-03-28 21:45:35",
            "airsBeforeSeason": 5,
            "airsBeforeEpisode": 1
        }

image.png.bbafd138a413f70d305680b0c92a184e.png

Happy2Play

Dev will have to look at but Emby gets the cached info from provider but does not appear to use/write it.

{
            "id": 10412177,
            "seriesId": 234791,
            "aired": "2024-03-29",
            "runtime": 10,
            "isMovie": 0,
            "number": 129,
            "seasonNumber": 0,
            "lastUpdated": "2024-03-29 13:02:11",
            "airsBeforeSeason": 2024,
            "airsBeforeEpisode": 9
        }
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot><![CDATA[Megatrend Fasten: 40 Tage auf Alkohol verzichten? Das kann ja jeder! Valerie Niehaus fastet ALLES. Gleichzeitig. Und am Ende geht's ihr besser als je zuvor!]]></plot>
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2024-04-03 13:58:14</dateadded>
  <title>Salz, Zucker, Fleisch: Die ultimative Fasten-Challenge (EXTREME-Edition)</title>
  <year>2024</year>
  <sorttitle>Salz, Zucker, Fleisch: Die ultimative Fasten-Challenge (EXTREME-Edition)</sorttitle>
  <tvdbid>10412177</tvdbid>
  <uniqueid type="tvdb">10412177</uniqueid>
  <episode>129</episode>
  <season>0</season>
  <aired>2024-03-29</aired>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails />
  </fileinfo>
</episodedetails>

Edited by Happy2Play

This is probably due a recent change:

Special episode numbers are only being imported from tvdb when the special is also marked as being critical to the story:

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

This is probably due a recent change:

Special episode numbers are only being imported from tvdb when the special is also marked as being critical to the story:

So even though the cached metadata has the info categories are being looked at also?

As my example for S00E04.

image.thumb.png.ba321217f513489e5dd9204d4f96d5c6.png

Are those marked as critical to the story on tvdb? it is a new flag that they have for specials.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Are those marked as critical to the story on tvdb? it is a new flag that they have for specials.

Okay so no.

image.thumb.png.f4d101a7cdb89c71fcd3518097bf4c96.png

So this is sort of making a bigger disaster for Special as the item has positioning data.  So User probably need a switch here.

Ultimately we will probably have to make this an option in the library settings, but I think for default behavior this new change makes sense.

Or even better than an option would be to import the critical flag and then we have our own controls directly in the UI...but that's a little ambitious for such a small thing.

Happy2Play

So your explanation and that linked topic explains why OP example does not get positioning data.

image.thumb.png.1f337fcf086ad35fadb5151d449c1499.png

So currently will require user to input position data it they want it.

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Okay so no.

image.thumb.png.f4d101a7cdb89c71fcd3518097bf4c96.png

So this is sort of making a bigger disaster for Special as the item has positioning data.  So User probably need a switch here.

Do you agree that this makes sense as default behavior though?

Because consider the case where you press "play all" on the series...if there's an episode that's like a Christmas special, then this may have content that impacts the show's story, so this should be included when you play the episodes in sequence.

But for something like "Making of season 2", I don't think this should be included when you press play all on the series, not out of the box at least.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Do you agree that this makes sense as default behavior though?

Because consider the case where you press "play all" on the series...if there's an episode that's like a Christmas special, then this may have content that impacts the show's story, so this should be included when you play the episodes in sequence.

But for something like "Making of season 2", I don't think this should be included when you press play all on the series, not out of the box at least.

Yes it makes since as it can keep those specific story line special inline with playback.

It is just getting use to these changes and may force users to manually input this position data if they wish.

• Thanks 1

Zeckro

@Luke@Happy2PlayDer Fehler liegt also an einer Änderung von TVDB? Damit das gesetzt wird, muss also "Critical to show's story" gesetzt werden? Ich verstehe den Sinn dahinter ein bisschen, aber wenn doch die Information da ist... Das immer manuell einzutragen, wo das noch nicht gesetzt wurde, wird eine Menge Arbeit. Wäre schön, wenn ihr eine Option dafür einbauen könnt, dass das trotzdem übernommen wird. Der Vorschlag mit dem Switch hört sich gut an.

gihayes

So if I run a Refresh Metadata (Search for Missing Metadata) on my TV Library, it should populate the Season and Before Episode fields of Specials if they are considered critical to the story?

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, gihayes said:

So if I run a Refresh Metadata (Search for Missing Metadata) on my TV Library, it should populate the Season and Before Episode fields of Specials if they are considered critical to the story?

That is my understanding but have not tested this yet adding a special that is critical to story.

• Thanks 1