LG WebOS Photo Browsing Problem

Emre51

Emre51

Hello,

There is a bug in LG WebOS app when browsing photos. The browsing/viewing order gets messed up.

It happens randomly after I view some photos for about 10 minutes and I have to restart the app to solve it. I demonstrated the problem in a video.

This is not a one time thing, I have been having this problem ever since I started using Emby on my LG TV, which was about 4 months ago.

Also, I know it is not a bug but loading some of the pictures is quiet slow. It takes 3 seconds to load some pictures. It would be great if you can improve the speed/performance.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Emre51

Hi, we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

Fyn0X6F

I have the VERY slow loading of pictures on the LG Emby app as well. Some pictures it will load just fine, then every few it takes a very long time to load starting from the top of the image. So slow that would think it was coming down from Prodigy on a 2400Baud modem. If I have it set on a slide-show it will often take so long to load an image that the timer will have expired by the time the image loads and it is already moving on to the next image. I have tested this on 2 other devices one with a Roku Ultra on the same LG TV and one with a pretty old Roku built in on a TCL TV and both of those load just fine. It only seems to be affecting the Emby app on the LG WebOS. A side note, and a annoyance that may have nothing to do with the Emby app but the slideshow does not prevent the TV from going into it's screen-saver mode, which you would think it would given that there is constant activity on the screen, though perhaps that has something to do with how long it is taking to load the pictures. 

Edited by Fyn0X6F
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
Lid

I also seem to have a combination of the slow loading images which currently makes the LG App unusable for viewing photos. Along with the mixed up photo order where you select an image and then eventually see another image.

Emre51
2 hours ago, Lid said:

I also seem to have a combination of the slow loading images which currently makes the LG App unusable for viewing photos. Along with the mixed up photo order where you select an image and then eventually see another image.

I agree that Emby for LG is a poor experience for viewing photos. I ended up connecting an Android TV box and use the Android version of Emby app instead. It doesn't have these issues. I don't think Emby team will work on these issues any time soon, considering the fact that these issue were present for several months. I understand that Photo gallery is the least used feature of Emby, but I consider this as a critical issue and it should have been fixed months ago already. It literally makes photo viewing unusable.

• 2 weeks later...