Single show displays pink video

hetayy
Go to solution Solved by Lessaj,

hetayy

I've only recently started using Manjaro Linux, and one show in my Emby setup plays pink. Opening the files in a media player works fine. Other shows and movies work fine. 

I've disabled and enabled hardware acceleration in Emby and the browser (Brave and Firefox in this case), testing each, to no avail.

Changing the stream quality makes no difference as I've seen elsewhere in the forums for this issue. 

It appears my ffmpeg version is 5.0, but I'm not sure that is an issue here or not. There is not, from what I can find, an official way to update it to 5.1 yet.

I've tried multiple browsers for funsies without any difference.

I tried playing it on my phone and got the Playback Error "Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'key')", other shows and movies play fine through my phone.

Logs and screenshots included, hopefully someone can provide a solution or insight

Edit:
I take it back, it's now effecting multiple shows and movies when it was not previously, but only on my computer. Streaming to my phone all shows and movies (Except Overlord) still plays fine.

Screenshot_20240329_162438.png

Screenshot_20240329-163046.png

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-26c6f77c-f5da-4ecc-bde8-9494d3c26f22_1.txt

Edited by hetayy
typo and new information.

Happy2Play

Where is your server build from as it has outdated ffmpeg?  Binhex?  Is it an official Emby build?

hetayy
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Where is your server build from as it has outdated ffmpeg?  Binhex?  Is it an official Emby build?

I installed it from the GUI package manager in Manjaro

Screenshot_20240329_172055.png

Happy2Play

Don't know these systems but other have had this issue and looks like this should help.

Happy2Play

But @alucrydmay need to comment as per that topics next post.

• Solution
Lessaj

Yes emby-ffmpeg in the arch repo has been flagged out of date but hasn't been updated yet so manually updating it should resolve your issue.

wget https://mediabrowser.github.io/embytools/emby-ffmpeg-bin-2023_06_25-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
sudo pacman -U emby-ffmpeg-bin-2023_06_25-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

• Like 1

hetayy

Here I was starting to manually convert media files to get Emby playing as is. 

@LessajThat did the trick. I was hesitant to try it from the previously linked post regarding the matter as there seemed to be remaining issues. But all is well now. 

Thank you and @Happy2Playboth for the support. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1