Media Playback issue

flipside

SamES

All I can tell you from the log is that the client had an issue trying to play the file, so it is trying to directstream the file (instead of directplay) but due to the subtitle selection it requires burn-in of subtitles so it is then trying to transcoding, which is failing.  It looks like transcoding is not really starting.

As and test, can you turn off any subtitles from the details screen before selecting play and see if that works?

Also try turning off hardware based transcoding and see if that helps

• Thanks 1

flipside
On 29/03/2024 at 22:44, SamES said:

All I can tell you from the log is that the client had an issue trying to play the file, so it is trying to directstream the file (instead of directplay) but due to the subtitle selection it requires burn-in of subtitles so it is then trying to transcoding, which is failing.  It looks like transcoding is not really starting.

As and test, can you turn off any subtitles from the details screen before selecting play and see if that works?

Also try turning off hardware based transcoding and see if that helps

Hi

I can confirm turning off subtitles helped , ive switched on "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" and that seems to have fixed it. I really should ahve tried that when i saw subtitles mentioned in the logs, Sorry :)

• Thanks 1

SamES

Yes, you should leave that setting on. Thanks for the update.