No Audio on Shield TV

rmanTX
Go to solution Solved by rmanTX,

rmanTX

Certain shows or movies (and it’s happening more and more) don’t play audio on the nvidia. 
They play audio fine on PC and iOS. 

Usually going into Playback Correction will fix it, but certain ones one (this one is EAC3 5.1)

I’m not very well versed in this stuff… I do know that downmixing to stereo restores audio, but that sucks because I don’t get surround. And no one is going to remember to re-enable it for the next show/movie. 

Whats the cause of this, and what’s the fix?

rmanTX
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

I did that, and the audio worked. It seemed a little quiet, so I went to fiddle with audio settings and couldn’t find any.

After that it didn’t work any more, nor did another title that was also EAC3. 

On 3/29/2024 at 8:38 AM, rmanTX said:

I did that, and the audio worked. It seemed a little quiet, so I went to fiddle with audio settings and couldn’t find any.

After that it didn’t work any more, nor did another title that was also EAC3. 

What if you restart the app, making sure to completely close it? Does that change anything?

• Solution
rmanTX
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What if you restart the app, making sure to completely close it? Does that change anything?

sorry, I should have come back to update this. It ended up being the audio settings for NVIDIA Shield TV itself. so far, so good.

• Thanks 1