Seasons appearing where they shouldn't

arashisenko
Go to solution Solved by arashisenko,

arashisenko

First, sorry if this is the wrong spot. I am new here. I am having a problem. I have a library set up with the mixed content category - equal parts youtube videos and audio podcasts. A few of the youtube video folders are set up in windows with a general folder (in the example, Extra Punctuation folder) that only has videos inside, no nested season folders. But when I go into Emby to watch it, it created a couple random seasons and seemingly randomly split stuff between the two. I would love to know how to stop that from happening.

Edit: Forgot to include - I tried moving the overall folder location (same effect) and removed files one by one to see if an individual was causing it (also no fix). On Server version 4.8.3.0

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Edited by arashisenko

Hello arashisenko,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

HI, there's no way to stop this. Here is what i would suggest as options:

• Rework your file organization to follow TV show/movie naming conventions
  • Or remove the library and add it back as home videos

The latter is probably your best approach, however just be aware that loose audio files won't be picked up if you go that route.

arashisenko

Well time to deep dive naming conventions then, because I use those audio files way too much to not have access to them. Thanks.

• Solution
arashisenko

So I split the Podcasts (still mixed content, doesn't have any issues) and the Webseries (now a movie library) without changing any of the files or folder structures and it appears to not be creating unneeded folders.

• Thanks 1