Emby 4.6.4 no longer creating NFO files for new movies

DiggityDan
Go to solution Solved by DiggityDan,

DiggityDan

I'm not sure what happened, but when I upload a new movie to my Synology server Emby install (4.6.4) it all the sudden won't create NFO files. I've looked through the log file and it appears there is an error associated with an API transaction not working with tmdb. I've deleted the past several movies I've loaded into Emby to see if one of them was incorrectly formatted and messing up the parser, but it didn't work.

embyserver (11).txt

DiggityDan

Tried updating to 4.7.14 via Synology Package Center, but didn't resolve the problem.

DiggityDan

I'm also now getting errors on movies that have previously worked, as shown below.

image.png.515feef9be5b694e9e3aadb97f3ddb90.png

Happy2Play

Only thing really in that log is unable to communicate with Embyadmin, emby.media, TMDB and OMDB.

Looks like it talked to TVDB v3 api for one show.

But sort of expect things to be somewhat broken in 4.6.4.0 as there is no support.  Or should say work until they break.

Need new log if you updated to 4.7.14.0.  As the package store is still a version/major release behind (4.8.3.0).

Happy2Play

It is odd as your server is happy talking to TVDB and FanArt but will not talk to embyadmin, TMDB or OMDB.

But not seeing anything about nfo files. (Debug App: Saving nfo metadata for)

Are you sure you have save option enabled per library?

DiggityDan

Yeah it's weird this just started out of no where. I've had virtually no problems with Emby up to this point. This is my settings for Movies:

image.thumb.png.338ff4783f443c2e4cb1c9d2cd704e09.png

Happy2Play

Yes you have reader enable but you need to scroll down further for saver.

image.png.2661d3dad33caeb48d1f9af19e8dcc90.png

Happy2Play

Not sure unless it is linked to failed communication to providers as the providers on your Movie library are failing.

Do you use a VPN?

• Thanks 1

DiggityDan

I don't use a VPN. Any way to manually excersize the APIs? I can get to www.themoviedb.org fine, but assuming that isn't indicative of the API being accessable.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, DiggityDan said:

I don't use a VPN. Any way to manually excersize the APIs? I can get to www.themoviedb.org fine, but assuming that isn't indicative of the API being accessable.

But the api and www are usually not the same servers.  You can find the api code in orginal log and try the url manually but you currently time out to Admin, TMDB and OMDB.

2024-03-28 20:35:23.027 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build17) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #42218 SMP Mon Oct 18 19:15:51 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Cancelling connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/2043?api_key=x_secret1_x&append_to_response=alternative_titles,reviews,casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null due to a previous timeout.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.GetMovieDbResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)
	   at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.FetchMainResult(String id, Boolean isTmdbId, String language, String country, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.DownloadMovieInfo(String id, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String preferredMetadataCountry, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2024-03-28 20:35:23.027 Debug App: Running OmdbItemProvider for /volume1/EmbyMedia/Movies/Along Came a Spider (2001) [tmdbid=2043]/Along Came a Spider (2001) [tmdbid=2043] - 1080p.mkv

• Thanks 1

DiggityDan

Is there anywhere an internet access privilege could be turned off?

DiggityDan

So I just tried to ping api.themoviedb.org from my laptop and as expected, it worked fine. I then ssh'ed into my Synology server and tried to do the same thing, but it didn't work. I'm on the same local LAN, I'm not sure what could be going on. Any thoughts?

• Solution
DiggityDan

So I fixed it, but it's bizarre what ended up working. Due to me not being able to ping api.themoviedb.org from my Synology server, it felt like a routing issue so I started poking around on my router. I disabled IPv6 and low and behold, I was then able to hit api.themoviedb.org from the server. No idea why it changed out of no where, I've had this configuration for years without any trouble. Hoping if someone has this same issue in the future, this can be a bread crumb. Thanks again Happy for all the help. The Emby community is great.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Yes I keep forgetting about this as there are other topics with IPv6 issues.  But glad it is all working again.