What happened to the Time Shift buffer for Live TV

tommyspeed

tommyspeed

HI I hope this is the correct space.

I recently upgraded my Fire TV app from 2.0.98a to the new 3.3.78. 

It looks great. However on the new version I noticed I can no longer rewind live TV ( that I have just watched)  that and when I pause Live TV. I can no longer "creep back up to live" like skipping commercials.

After I restart after a pause. if I try to fast forward it just jumps to "live" and I still cant back up. 

I noticed it also on the Android Phone app. Although on the phone app I can only watch from where I paused and cannot fast forward to live. without leaving the channel and coming back in.

It does not look like a problem as much as a removed feature. 

Is it going to be reinstated or am I missing a setting to enable it?  I watch a lot of TV on Emby and I use it frequently.

HI there, we are working on improving this. Thanks.

bungee91

There are two apps, and most wouldn't call the Android (mobile) app an upgrade. 😋 

Anyhow... I'd recommend continuing to use the Android Tv (ATV) app until the Android (mobile) app has figured out how the improved Tv/buffering features will be implemented into it. 

Many (myself included) plan to continue using the ATV app until things like this are resolved.

Spaceboy

its been on the list of things to rectify since the new app was released - but there are many of these and there has been little progress recently