Folder symbol missing on sub-folders in picture library

botbswco

botbswco

Roku app correctly displays a folder icon for directories/folders at the main level of the picture library but not for subfolders under that.  It does this correctly for folders that contain only pictures or folders that contain pictures and folders.

In other words, folders in \picture library\ display the folder icon while folders in \picture library\folder A\ do not.

This works correctly in the video library.

This also works correctly in the web app and the windows app.

Please let me know if you need to see screen shots.

Hi.  I believe once you get to a level that contains pictures, it is considered a "Photo Album" instead of a folder.

botbswco

ebr.

The apps call them folders and the icon looks like a file folder, so I'll stick with that.  There can be two different kind of objects in the library, media files (pictures or videos) and folders which are containers.  What I am trying to point out is that the ROKU app works differently (and less effectively) than on the web app and windows app.  When you get into a folder with both picture files and folders, there is no way to identify which are folders without clicking on the thumbnail to open it. 

Maybe if I give a more detailed example it will help you.  In fact the problem also affects the main library folder as well.  The difference being that at the top level, most of the thumbnails show the folder icon but at lower level NONE of the folders display the icon.

The directory/folder/album identified in the emby settings as the photo/picture library is e:\emby picture library.  I have organized my photos by year, so the library directory contains individual directories/folders labeled by year from 1958 through 2024.  There are no actual picture files at this level of the library, just folders.  Click on any of them to go to the next level down.  At this level, some of the year folders contain just pictures, while some contain pictures and folders and others contain only folders.  None of the thumbnails which are folders at the second level or lower display the folder icon.

I hope that helps.

Hi, can you please show comparison examples between the web app and Roku? Thanks.

botbswco

Shure, but I won't be able to get to it today.  I'll send tomorrow.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

botbswco

Luke, as you requested.

Attached are 4 sets of screen shots:  1.  File manager screens of the directories/folders in question.  2.  Web app screens of same.  3.  Win app screens of same  4.  Roku screens of same.

Within the main photos library folder:

The 1958 folder is an example of a folder containing only jpg files.

The 1959 folder is an example of a folder containing only additional folders.

The individual/howard l. miller folder is an example of a folder containing both jpg files and additional folders.

The Web app, Win app and Android (did not include screen shots) screens all work correctly.  Every thumbnail displayed is tagged with either the folder icon or a picture icon.  The Roku app never tags a jpg file with the picture icon and inconsistently tags folders with the folder icon.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you need anything additional.

Hollis

Roku photos-folders-individual-howard l. miller.jpg

emby photo library.jpg

emby photo library-1958.jpg

emby photo library-1959.jpg

emby photo library-1959-misc.jpg

emby photo library-individual.jpg

emby photo library-individual-howard l. miller.jpg

emby web photos-folders.jpg

emby web photos-folders-1958.jpg

emby web photos-folders-1959.jpg

emby web photos-folders-1959-misc.jpg

emby web photos-folders-individual.jpg

emby web photos-folders-individual-howard l. miller.jpg

emby winapp photos-folders.jpg

emby winapp photos-folders-1958.jpg

emby winapp photos-folders-1959.jpg

emby winapp photos-folders-1959-misc.jpg

emby winapp photos-folders-individual.jpg

emby winapp photos-folders-individual-howard l. miller.jpg

Roku photos-folders.jpg

Roku photos-folders-1958.jpg

Roku photos-folders-1959.jpg

Roku photos-folders-1959-misc.jpg

Roku photos-folders-individual.jpg

Yeah, the server must be being a little too fancy for its own good and classifying some of those as folders and some as "Photo Albums".  We'll have to make the Roku app treat them the same.