Backup plugin problem

fatshotty

fatshotty

Hi all
I have 2 emby instances: one "beta" and one emby (not-beta).
on emby-beta i have 10 users who have their playstats; I need to transfer all configurations from emby-beta to emby (not-beta).
Focused on users' playstats.
That's done! Last week I used "backup & restore plugin" to transfer all users and their playstats.
Everything worked fine.

Today i'm trying to do the same thing: backup on emby-beta and restore on emby (not-beta), just to correctly update the playstats.
Unfortunately... i cannot do that.
The backup (emby-beta) is not recognized by emby (not-beta). I noticed that the format of the backup is different between embys.
The version of the "backup & restore plugin" is different:
emby: 1.6.3
emby-beta: 1.5.3
On emby-beta there is not the possibility to upgrade the plugin from 1.5.3 to 1.6.3; on emby I cannot downgrade the plugin from 1.6.3 to 1.5.3.
I also tried to manually copy the MBBackup.dll from emby to emby-beta and viceversa.
Nothing! plugin version still remain 1.5.3 on emby-beta and 1.6.3 on emby

I need to perform this migration, how can i do that?
Thanks in advance

Happy2Play

What server version?

Did you go to the catalog and try to get the newest version?

But can only guess you have errors talking to the Emby admin server.

Worst case copy the dll from one server to the other.

fatshotty

i am the admin on both server. Servers are mine :D
latest version of emby-beta (4.9) and latest version emby (not-beta) 4.8.3.0
on emby-beta i only see the plugin "Backup & Restore" vers. 1.5.3. No more available versions.
On emby (not-beta) i see version 1.6.3, i can select 1.5.3 and I already tried to install 1.5.3 , but after rebooting emby server I see version 1.6.3.

Happy2Play
34 minutes ago, fatshotty said:

on emby-beta i only see the plugin "Backup & Restore" vers. 1.5.3. No more available versions.

Where?

Console shows beta version

image.png.74e924449283c9bdfa0b1c0046b8f55e.png

But would need to see beta server logs.

fatshotty
Posted (edited)

i know
but
on my emby-beta server, in plugins -> catalog I see "Backup & Restore"; I can only install version 1.5.3 .
Instead, on emby (not-beta), in plugins -> catalog I see "Backup & Restore" all versions.
As per my screenshot, once I select vers. 1.5.3, after next reboot of emby (not-beta), I see "backup & restore" vers 1.6.3.

On emby-beta I can only install "Backup & restore" version till 1.5.3

(screenshot from emby (not-beta) )

Plugin_and_Bin.png

Edited by fatshotty

Happy2Play

Why no pic from the system not working?  But if your 4.9.0.11/12 beta is not showing 1.6.3 then there is a problem with that server and many need to see server logs.

But downgrading plugins can be problematic or impossible as they are built for a specific server version so older version probably will not load even if you could downgrade. 

fatshotty

sorry for delay.
I shutdown emby-beta and install a new emby (not-beta) server.
Now I have 2 emby (not-beta) servers on 2 different machine. I need to keep up and running both servers with the same configuration.
I would like to port backup from one emby to another. Let me say: backup and restore from emby1 to emby2.

I ran "backup & restore" task with metadata/library flag enabled; I see that plugin has created "Emby Server Databases - 2024-03-29 00.10.31" folder on emby1.
Now i have zipped the folder and copied it on server with emby2.
Unzipped the file and I see "Emby Server Databases - 2024-03-29 00.10.31" folder.
Restart emby2, going to "Backup Restore" plugin section, click on "restore". Show popup and I correctly see "Emby Server Databases - 2024-03-29 00.10.31" .
Click on restore (uncheck server id); so emby2 is restarting...
Emby2 is up and running

No changes affected! Emby2 is the same as before.
Am I doing something wrang?

Plugin version is 1.6.3 on both embys

8 hours ago, fatshotty said:

sorry for delay.
I shutdown emby-beta and install a new emby (not-beta) server.
Now I have 2 emby (not-beta) servers on 2 different machine. I need to keep up and running both servers with the same configuration.
I would like to port backup from one emby to another. Let me say: backup and restore from emby1 to emby2.

I ran "backup & restore" task with metadata/library flag enabled; I see that plugin has created "Emby Server Databases - 2024-03-29 00.10.31" folder on emby1.
Now i have zipped the folder and copied it on server with emby2.
Unzipped the file and I see "Emby Server Databases - 2024-03-29 00.10.31" folder.
Restart emby2, going to "Backup Restore" plugin section, click on "restore". Show popup and I correctly see "Emby Server Databases - 2024-03-29 00.10.31" .
Click on restore (uncheck server id); so emby2 is restarting...
Emby2 is up and running

No changes affected! Emby2 is the same as before.
Am I doing something wrang?

Plugin version is 1.6.3 on both embys

Hi, is something wrong?

fatshotty
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, is something wrong?

hi, yes. As per my previous message, "restore" is not working.
How I can restore a backup from one emby instance to another?
I need to transfer all users and their playstats. Maybe all libraries settings, too

thanks in advance

Just now, fatshotty said:

hi, yes. As per my previous message, "restore" is not working.
How I can restore a backup from one emby instance to another?
I need to transfer all users and their playstats. Maybe all libraries settings, too

thanks in advance

I don't quite understand. What makes you think that it isn't working?

fatshotty

Hi
I simply "backup" emby1 and move the generated folder to emby2. Then I tried to "restore" the folder on emby2. Emby2 start restoring (maybe) and ask me to restart.
It correctly restarts itself but... nothing happened: no configuration have been restored from backup, nor users... nothing

as per my previous post: how i can porting all settings (users, libraries...) from one emby to another? Just to be clear: I need both emby running on different machines, but i need to have the same users and same libraries (same mounted folders, of course)

thanks in advance

On 4/8/2024 at 1:06 PM, fatshotty said:

no updates about that?

Hi, please provide the emby server log from when you did the restore:

Thanks.

fatshotty

emby2 (where I restore the backup) is completely broken 😕
it starts; I can navigate settings, but nothing can be changed or saved. I have to destroy and redo a new fresh install 😕
I will try again after reinstalling it

it starts; I can navigate settings, but nothing can be changed or saved.

Hi, please provide the emby server log from when the problem occurred:

Thanks.

fatshotty

new emby is up and running.
"Backup & Restore" plugin is installed.

I made a backup from emby1; moved it to emby2 (new emby).
The plugin doesn't show up the backup so I can restore nothing 😕
So, i cannot attach any log 😕

Happy2Play

I really don't follow as I just took a full back up from a 4.8.3.0 system and created a new portable pointed plugin to that backup and restored that full back up on a new 4.8.3.0.

fatshotty

please @Happy2Play tell me how :D
i just backup (via scheduled task) from emby1 4.8.3.0 ; moved the just created folder "Emby Server Databases - 2024-04-15 13.55.20" to emby2. Restarted emby2.
Navigate to "backup & restore" plugin section. Click on "restore" -> no backup to restore 😕

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, fatshotty said:

i just backup (via scheduled task) from emby1 4.8.3.0 ; moved the just created folder "Emby Server Databases - 2024-04-15 13.55.20" to emby2. Restarted emby2.
Navigate to "backup & restore" plugin section. Click on "restore" -> no backup to restore 😕

Where are you putting that created folder?  Where does the plugin point to?

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, fatshotty said:

Okay I see the issue as this is not really a backup as it is just " extra copies of databases to keep".  So without "embyserver-backup-full" in the backup location you will not see additional db backups as that is where the backupinfo.json is written.

If all you want is those databases the create an empty "embyserver-backup-full" and copy the "backupinfo.json" into it from server1.

• Thanks 1

fatshotty
Posted (edited)

thanks
now it correctly works

i ran "Backup" task on emby1; after that, I zipped the "emby_server_full_backup" and "Emby Server Database ..." folders; moved the zip to emby2 and extracted it.
Restarted emby2; restored backup and then another restart.
Now emby2 is exactly the same as emby1 (users and libraries) up and runniing 🥳

Many thanks

Edited by fatshotty
  • Thanks 1