Foreign Movie/TV Titles

Seraphys

Seraphys

So in order to have my library titles in a different language other then English I duplicated my library with Chinese language Metadata. For 99% of the movies or TV shows it is working as expected however for a few select titles it is still showing the English title but did still pull the Chinese description and images. I went and checked tmdb for all the titles with issues and it does contain the Chinese title under alternative titles. Is there a reason why it is not working properly for these specific titles and is there a fix? Two examples would be black widow for movies and ahsoka for tv shows. 

I duplicated my library with Chinese language Metadata

Hi, what do you mean by this?

Is there a reason why it is not working properly for these specific titles and is there a fix? Two examples would be black widow for movies and ahsoka for tv shows. 

Hi, how did you configure the language options for the library? How are your files named and organized?

Seraphys
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by this?

I have two libraries of the same media with different language Metadata. One in English and one in Chinese. 

Seraphys
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, how did you configure the language options for the library? How are your files named and organized?

Attached a screenshot of the language settings. There's over a thousand movies in the library and it's showing correctly with Chinese names for 99% of them. But for less then 10 movies it's showing the English name which leads me to believe it's not a settings issue but something else is wrong somewhere else whether that is emby not pulling the right title or tmdb not giving emby the right title. Unfortunately I'm technologically stupid so I have no idea

Screenshot_20240327_010437_Emby.png

Seraphys
Posted (edited)

Another thing I noticed is that when trying to identify a movie/tv show, for the ones that work said media comes up in Chinese. For the ones that don't the English name comes up. Leads me to believe for some reason for these media emby isnt requesting the correct title. The descriptions episode names etc are all in Chinese. It's just the title that's being pulled in the wrong language. So since it's still pulling everything else in Chinese but the title is this an emby problem or tmdb problem? You can reproduce the issue with the movie black widow 2021.

Edited by Seraphys

Seraphys

So I did figure out what was wrong and it is due to a tmdb policy that does not allow translated titles for simplified Chinese for mainland China for any title that has not been released their. The most prudent way for emby to resolve this is to create a fallback to simplified Chinese Singapore. Is this a possibility otherwise simplified Chinese China has missing translated titles. 

Happy2Play

Currently no Emby does not have a configurable fallback language.  But yes I remember this TMDB policy coming up before.

Show your support for this FR.