OpenSubtitles Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from

Abrasix

Abrasix

Hello,

I face quite the same issue. The subtitles can't be downloaded anymore. I used to get them from opensubtitle. But not it's KO. I've tried addicted, same result.

Here are the logs when I try to search for subtitle:

2024-03-26 22:48:45.381 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.7.14.0
        Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
        Operating system: FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p5 #0: Tue Feb 13 23:37:36 UTC 2024     root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC
        Framework: .NET 6.0.21
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: /var/db/emby-server
        Application path: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
        MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
        Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
        TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I don't understand that "MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized".

Any idea?

@Abrasixplease try reconfiguring your open subtitles credentials and see if that helps:

Thanks.

Abrasix

Hello,

Thank you Luke for the tips. I've tried to access the subtitles with a wrong password, just to check, and the logs display the same error message.

But unfortunately with the good password, and even with a fresh new one, it is still KO.

Which makes me check and check again that password issue... I tried to click the "Sign Up" link on the plugin settings... And it opens the opensubtitle.com webpage, and not the .org!

Spoiler

Solution: check you use the account from opensubtitle.COM

(I think it was transparently working before because the download was from addicted7, and now addicted is KO on my conf, whatever that's an other story).

Cheers,

Which makes me check and check again that password issue... I tried to click the "Sign Up" link on the plugin settings... And it opens the opensubtitle.com webpage, and not the .org!

Because we are using .com and not .org:

Does this help you resolve your issue?