Emby App stops working after playback bitrate change.

RobbieBott

RobbieBott

Roku Streaming Stick 4K - 12.5.5 build 4174-CU

Emby Server - v.4.8.3.0

Emby App - v.4.1 build 15

While watching a movie or show if I change the bitrate either up or down the app stops working, playback will not resume and I must reboot the stick for Emby to work again, it won't even reconnect to my server if I just close the Emby app and reopen it. Anyone else run into this issue or know how to fix it? My AppleTV Emby app works just fine when changing bitrates.

Happy2Play

Devs will probably want to see server and client log. 

But testing playing an item and changing quality to force transcoding and then back to Auto appeared to work fine for me on a Roku Ultra.  Same versions

@RobbieBott

1. Where do you change quality? During playback or main settings.
2. What type of media are you playing? Is there an ffmpeg log generated when it does this that you can share with us?
3. You are changing bitrate from which value to which value?
4. When you say it doesn't start, does it just not recover playback and stays on the loading spinner or is this dying on a black screen with no spinner?

RobbieBott

@speechles

I have attached some logs.

I change the quality while playing the movie using the gear icon.

I am playing mp4 files and mkv files. I change the bitrate from anything to anything no matter what I change it to either greater or smaller bitrates it get the same outcome. But It typically starts at 4Mbps 1080 and I change it to 2 mbps 720, or auto.

The now playing activity keeps alternating between these two screen shots also attached while the screen shows a dashed progress circle spinning not the solid spinning circle with the progress percentage, with the movie background in the background. I then get a red flag the says ContenNotAvailiable.

Once this happens the Roku must be restarted to even access my server again.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 7.37.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 7.37.55 PM.png

ffmpeg-transcode-5d84a129-6904-49ef-ad43-c2bba1ffc364_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-617aad95-c9be-4240-9910-3222e59f9f90_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a5181e7b-7b2b-4ab2-993b-9a4f1f9c6915_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-af83491d-f98e-408a-ac36-5d1bf64d5ab0_1.txt

• 2 weeks later...