Album Art Resolution is Low in Now Playing

DJretrojoe

DJretrojoe

There is a problem with album art in music playback and I am hoping a developer can correct the problem.

All of my MP3 content has high-resolution album art of at least 1000 x 1000 pixels.  The art is embedded in the MP3 files and displays clearly in the music playback queue.  Please see attached photo:

01-Clear-High-Resolution-On-Queue-Screen.jpg

However, when the playback shows the "Current Playing Track" on-screen, the album art is terribly pixelated.  All of the hard work I did to embed clear album art isn't being reflected on Emby.  Please see attached photos:

02-Pixelated-On-Now-Playing-Screen.jpg

03-Pixelated-Close-Up.jpg

Would you please reply and let me know what can be done to display the album art clearly for a better user experience?

I love the Emby platform and want it to be PERFECT!  Thanks much!

01-Clear-High-Resolution-On-Queue-Screen.jpg

02-Pixelated-On-Now-Playing-Screen.jpg

03-Pixelated-Close-Up.jpg

Thanks we can take a look.  @speechleswhat resolution are we requesting for that display?

@ebrWe are loading them at the same size they come from in the row. Since when building the row is when the metadata is built and the URLs get generated to fetch images. But it is using the row to generate sizes for the images/textures. The texture for the image will load at the row image size.  But when we change image sizes to larger size for the Now Playing it is still using the smaller texture size to load into the larger image size because the URL is not changed. In order to load two different texture/image sizes and keep quality we need two unique URL used to fetch these. Look at PR #1241 and it has the fix for this issue. After this fix it will create a new image URL at a higher resolution to match the display size we use on the audio players faux screen saver aka "now playing" screen.

Edited by speechles

2 minutes ago, DJretrojoe said:

Thanks for the tip!!! Much appreciated! 🙂

We will have an update to fix this soon. Apologies we didn't fix it sooner.