AMD Hardware Transcoding

kicsrules

kicsrules

Hello, do you guys know how to enable transcode?, it doesn't show any available hardware options..

here are the specs

i5 - 8600t with amd hd 7770

unraid 6.12.8  

emby (latest stable 4.8.3) - premiere

Unraid --- docker

image.png.1bfe356d7feb8c31336bee020fd7ed2a.png

image.png.8da09111a509aa2cbd10bd033f58cbf3.png

image.thumb.png.1b95b787b809058ff0c42cbc40ffd57d.png

kicsrules

after messing around with the bios (supermicro x11scv-q), i enabled igfx as default video now it apppears like this, also enabled card1 on docker emby, but vaapi reflects as inel uhd 630, no amd card

image.png.271c8d6ba0ed5ea636895bcd96fad615.png

kicsrules

yes, performs very well, used intel_gpu_top to monitor and removed that amd gpu, prefer power efficiency to having that 10+ year old gpu

• Thanks 1

HI, so are you all good now?

• 2 weeks later...
Edrock200

Doesn't sound like this is related to you but, posting in case someone else having a similar issue comes across this. For whatever reason, when using the official docker container, I have to chmod -R /dev/dri to grant read to everyone, otherwise emby doesn't see the vaapi igpu interface. The linuxserver.io container doesn't seem to have this issue though. It could just be my setup but it's a fairly stock Ubuntu 22.04 install. I do not run the container as root with the pid/gid/puid/guid env vars, I run it as a user account, but same goes for the Linuxserver.io container. 

Edited by Edrock200

Q-Droid

No need to chmod the devices in that path. The official Emby Docker image has a GIDLIST available to give the runtime user access to the graphics devices. It's documented on the Docker Hub page for Emby.

For the LSIO image you make sure the runtime user (PUID) has the video (and render if exists) supplementary groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1