Question about library settings

jiggity

jiggity

If the library setting is set to  Never look up metadata after the initial import, and i can find entries in the log of Emby looking up metadata for items that have been imported previously

Is this a bug, or plugins for the library not respecting the settings?

jiggity

This gets into the weeds of logs.

I had to restart a lot yesterday as i was testing some different library settings.
but here is one example

2024-03-25 05:01:44.352 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/artist/847e8284-8582-4b0e-9c26-b042a4f49e57 5441c29d-3602-4898-b1a1-b77fa23b8e50?inc=url-rels
2024-03-25 05:01:44.442 Error App: Error in MusicBrainz
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.74-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb  2 11:06:32 PST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 24
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadRequest
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzAlbumProvider.GetMusicBrainzResponse(String url, Boolean forceMusicBrainzProper, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzArtistProvider.GetMetadata(ArtistInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IRemoteMetadataProvider`2[] providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

The artist that musicbrainz is looking up and erroring on, is Placebo.  The Error is because one song or album has two artist ID tags on something, it is a fixable thing, if I spend the time to track it down, it is just the way musicbrainz tags stuff.

I am curious why Emby is looking it up on a library scan when the library is set to Never update metadata after importing things.
including images of artists meta and library settings.

The date added looks recent as i recently tore my one big music library into smaller ones

Screenshot 2024-03-26 140053.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-26 140131.jpg

Happy2Play

But this suggest improperly tagged media or should I say delimiter.  As multi artist is not delimited properly.

847e8284-8582-4b0e-9c26-b042a4f49e57%205441c29d-3602-4898-b1a1-b77fa23b8e50

So track tags need corrected.

musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/artist/847e8284-8582-4b0e-9c26-b042a4f49e57?inc=url-rels

musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/artist/5441c29d-3602-4898-b1a1-b77fa23b8e50?inc=url-rels

There really is no such thing as NEVER if you have providers enabled as Cache data expires (I believe every 30 days per the cache cleanup task) and Emby will refetch from provider to update it as needed.  But dev would have more insight on this.

I am curious why Emby is looking it up on a library scan when the library is set to Never update metadata after importing things.
including images of artists meta and library settings.

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. Thanks.

jiggity
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

So track tags need corrected.

Yes, as I already said it is how Musicbrainz tags things

The ALBUMARTIST is Artist 1 feat artist 2, and MBZ tags the MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID tag with two separate tags; Emby hates that.
See the attached image
I know I can, and need to, edit the tags to get better scanning and for emby to give cleaner results for album artists. i just haven't gotten to it yet. 
My home clone assistant was delayed in the mail 🫠

@Lukethis is the log portion i was looking at

Screenshot 2024-03-26 193324.jpg

embyserver-63846970322.txt

Edited by jiggity
speellings

Happy2Play
25 minutes ago, jiggity said:

Yes, as I already said it is how Musicbrainz tags things

The ALBUMARTIST is Artist 1 feat artist 2, and MBZ tags the MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID tag with two separate tags; Emby hates that.

What tag version?  But Emby prefers semicolon or forward slash delimiters.

image.png.0f39f8a3b2be33c5fbdfbac1773aefcf.png

image.png.8da3061cffd8bdde41a5c98c4056a34c.png

Think there is another topic with possible issues with double backslash ID3v2.4

Per that topic/link

#6949 (No support for multiple values in ID3v2.4 tags.) – FFmpeg

ginjaninja

The null separator issue in ffmpeg i believe has now been fixed by Emby using a custom build of ffmpeg to overcome the issue. (fwiw i believe the ID fields in pic take precedence over ArtistS/AlbumartistS fields when present)

image.png.f8c871352be9532f60c242ae3d9d4692.png

@jiggityit seems that Musicbrainz's picard is not tagging your files like mine....My picard uses semicolons to split multiple ID (which Emby likes) but yours seems to use both a 'space' and a comma.

I agree with @Happy2Playthis is the source of what is confusing emby...I wonder why Picard in your locale is tagging differently to me in united Kingdom and why its using different delimeters for MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID (I see 'space' in your pic) vs MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID (i see 'comma' in your pic). This may partly just be a presentation issue in the tag viewer used to take picture  but i would start around this area to get to the bottom of it.

edit

not withstanding the query around why Emby is continuing to lookup metadata after initial import..maybe Emby is 99% clever and because it failed during initial import Emby gives itself leeway to try again despite your 'refresh metadata never' setting?

Edited by ginjaninja

jaycedk

In picard you can set delimeters here.

image.thumb.png.6a6b833186404fc6e305e45a0fd6088d.png

Happy2Play
41 minutes ago, jiggity said:

I Do not Use picard

Okay but per what you provided it is delimeted with a space and Emby/ffprobe will make it multi-artist per the issue with mbzalbumartist field.  Remove that field and Emby will automatically split the AA "feat" artists.  

But whatever is tagging with a space is the issue.  But sounds like the id3v2.4 issue.

jiggity

Honestly I appreciate all the tips, but as i said already, i know how to fix the musicbrainz errors, it is a matter of me needing to find the time to track each file/album down.
I have more music items than I have hours in the day, some will just have to live with being improperly tagged, and other will have to live with never getting the full set of tags as there is no meta for some things I have and other have no MBZ meta, and some have no Discogs

The question of why Emby is looking up already catalogued entries still stands, not what is causing the error(s)
Again, these were already in the database, they all have Emby created NFOs from 2022, and were merely moved to subfolder "new" libraries.

The double backslash thing is pet peeve of mine I dislike it as much as Emby and ffmpeg, but it seems to be a scene standard form of notation.  Just like using r versions of LAME encoder. Kinda surprised that hasn't risen as a streaming bug issue more frequently.

The question of why Emby is looking up already catalogued entries still stands, not what is causing the error(s)
Again, these were already in the database, they all have Emby created NFOs from 2022, and were merely moved to subfolder "new" libraries.

Hi, can you please give an example of this? Thanks.

jiggity
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please give an example of this? Thanks.

Sure thing

2024-04-04 05:01:40.131 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/artist/eb45032c-80da-469c-be20-1d09f08ef37f?inc=url-rels
2024-04-04 05:01:40.952 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.discogs.com/artists/462598
2024-04-04 05:01:41.148 Error App: Error in Discogs
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.82-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Mar 15 15:00:09 PDT 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 24
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: NotFound
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Discogs.Plugin.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Discogs.Plugin.GetDeserializedResponse[T](HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetMetadataResponse(ArtistInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetMetadata(ArtistInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IRemoteMetadataProvider`2[] providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

That error is for Natalie Cole.
She appears only on 2 compilations and 1 music video
The compilations have NFO creation dates of Nov, 14 2023. Well before I did any reorganization of my music library

The Discogs error for that is because the MBZ plug wrote bad data to the metadata manager for Discogs, and the Discogs Plug when looking it up realized that the info is not real/right; so bad request error.  This is an example of the situation i described in a different post about how the 2 plugs working together create a perfect storm of an error feeding an error.

According to Happy this has been an known bug for years.

Happy2Play

So a defect in old data per their site, the Emby mirror is acquiring.  Only the first link is valid second is not.

image.png.11cc3c8e713614fb0e40e102d38f4d49.png

image.thumb.png.c6f4713b406a3f79be33b234abb88d06.png

Submitted request to remove the bad link on musicbrainz.org.

Edited by Happy2Play

jiggity

Which then gets into the circular discussion of
Why is MBZ writing Discogs info
Why is Discogs not reading the Embedded Discogs info
Why has this not been addressed before if y'all knew it was a persistent problem?

And back to the original question of why is Emby trying to scan old files?

Happy2Play
Just now, jiggity said:

Why has this not been addressed before if y'all knew it was a persistent problem?

No one must be using Discog very much?

As I know I requested if MBZ had Discog info why not add it awhile back. ie added ?inc=url-rels.

But to the point here would be MBZ provider data should not override embedded tag data.

So I guess @Lukeshould stop getting ?inc=url-rels from MBZ if one will override the other.

Happy2Play

At the same time if tag does not exist provider data should be utilized.

jiggity
12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

At the same time if tag does not exist provider data should be utilized.

Tags do exist and are ignored because the MBZ plug writes bad info and the Discogs Plug doesn't read or write the embedded tags

MBZ provides bad data for the Discogs meta.
It should never write to the Discogs info in the meta manager.

I have requested that Luke start a public discussion about the order of operations for lookuos, the embedded vs online meta calls, and allow the community to give feedback about how the plugins work wrt the way they read/write metadata. i suspect that the majority of users would not have suspected that MBZ plugin would have the permissions or ability to write discogs metadata for any reasons.  There have been numerous posts about erroneous discogs data appearing on files.

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, jiggity said:

MBZ provides bad data for the Discogs meta.
It should never write to the Discogs info in the meta manager

That is a personal preference.  As I want as much data as a provider will give me.  Same applies to TVDB giving me TMDB and IMDB id are they occasionally wrong yes as it is upon the community to tell them they have the wrong info or create an account and correct the info.

But yes from a provided data standpoint ie tag data should supersede provider data.  And the Dev will have to consider that.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1