Small display bug on Ultra

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

This is a pretty easy bug to describe:
I go into my movies library.
I see three rows of posters. One about half a poster width at the top and the next full size in the middle and the las about half size at the bottom. See first attachment.
I pick a movie and press play and let it play for a few seconds. (That is all it takes)
I exit back out to the movies screen and I see the same display as before. After about 1 or 2 seconds the display shifts upward. The row with the highlight is 1st and displays about 90% of the posters. The second row is 100% in size but it is not the active row. The last row is just a little sliver at he bottom. See second attachment.

The way it ends up is how it remains until I go to some other section like TV Shows. 

The attachments show the problem pretty well. 

I am running the latest beta server ( Version 4.9.0.11 ) and my Roku software is 100 % up to date. Software 12.5.5 b 4174-29

My Emby Roku ver is: 4.1.15

This is an irritant but it does not seem to impact operation at all. The highlights show where they should and the correct movies are highlighted and played the display just goes wonkey (I think that is the technical term) as soon as a movie in played.

I have not seen this bug when playing any other kind of content. It is just the movies that go wonkey.

First_pic[1].jpg

Second_pic[1].jpg

You mean now the top row of the grid is starting up too high and winding up clipped instead of being in the center?

I believe I know what causes this. We can get this fixed. I will add it to the issue tracker.

Reference: Issue #1589: [PosterGridView] When returning to the grid the "info panel" may clip the top row

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, speechles said:

You mean now the top row of the grid is starting up too high and winding up clipped instead of being in the center?

I believe I know what causes this. We can get this fixed. I will add it to the issue tracker.

Reference: Issue #1589: [PosterGridView] When returning to the grid the "info panel" may clip the top row

Yes, that is pretty much exactly what i was struggling to describe. I thought it was happening on just one of my Ultras but I have now tested and it shows on both. It has been happening for a good while but I previously thought it was only on my bedroom Roku but that was because mostly I watch TV shows in my living room and movies in my bedroom therefor I did not see the bug on both but it was because I took Doctor Groucho's advice, "If it hurts when you do that then don't do that." So I did not watch movies in my living room for a while.