Playback stopped jumping the first episode of next season

Myantra

Myantra

Same issue with 4.8.3.0 on Win 10 Pro.  Auto plays every episode in a season, but will not auto play the next season.  Previous behavior was from any starting point in a TV show, it would auto play until the last episode of the last season, unless told to do something else.  I first noticed it about the same time as OP.

• Agree 1

Myantra

In case it is related Emby for Android TV, which is where the issue is actually occurring, I submitted log through app at 6:33PM.  User - MWilson

Version - 2.1.10g Registered

JMacIver
On 3/25/2024 at 5:35 PM, Myantra said:

In case it is related Emby for Android TV, which is where the issue is actually occurring, I submitted log through app at 6:33PM.  User - MWilson

Version - 2.1.10g Registered

I found the same issue using nvidia shield, I put on Grand Tour s1 ep 5 and played like normal. It played the episode and continued to the last episode of the season then stopped. Then tried with ancient aliens the next day and same thing. Completes season 1. Also sent log thru Emby for Shield app registered user maciver. included is log from the server too.

embyserver-63847094400.txt

JMacIver
On 3/25/2024 at 4:32 PM, Myantra said:

Same issue with 4.8.3.0 on Win 10 Pro.  Auto plays every episode in a season, but will not auto play the next season.  Previous behavior was from any starting point in a TV show, it would auto play until the last episode of the last season, unless told to do something else.  I first noticed it about the same time as OP.

Did you get yours figured out?

Jrod696

I have come across the same issue, I am playing on an Nvidia shield TV and with the last update all of the episodes auto play like normal but when you get to the last episode of the season it just stops and goes back to the main menu, once at the main menu Emby knows and has the next episode of the next season waiting, you just have to hit play.

I did read through the thread and I actually already had the android app sideloaded from something you had me test previously so I ran it through some test and it works just fine, auto plays the first episode of the next season as expected.

I tested 3 different series on both the Android TV and the same 3 series on the Sideload Android app and got the same outcome every time, Android TV does not auto play the next (1st) episode of the next season and the Android app does run like normal as far as playback is concerned,

Some things I did notice about the sideloaded app was missing icon image or broke link indicators like there was suppose to be an image there but it could not find it however the functionality was mostly ok but that is a whole other topic just thought I would mention it while I was at it.

Edited by Jrod696

JMacIver
On 4/9/2024 at 9:22 PM, Jrod696 said:

I have come across the same issue, I am playing on an Nvidia shield TV and with the last update all of the episodes auto play like normal but when you get to the last episode of the season it just stops and goes back to the main menu, once at the main menu Emby knows and has the next episode of the next season waiting, you just have to hit play.

I did read through the thread and I actually already had the android app sideloaded from something you had me test previously so I ran it through some test and it works just fine, auto plays the first episode of the next season as expected.

I tested 3 different series on both the Android TV and the same 3 series on the Sideload Android app and got the same outcome every time, Android TV does not auto play the next (1st) episode of the next season and the Android app does run like normal as far as playback is concerned,

Some things I did notice about the sideloaded app was missing icon image or broke link indicators like there was suppose to be an image there but it could not find it however the functionality was mostly ok but that is a whole other topic just thought I would mention it while I was at it.

This seems like a major flaw, since it stops me from enjoying emby the way I have since I started using it so many years ago. The said in this thread that they are working on a new version for android tv so hopefully that will correct this.

arche

I believe this is the same issue I've reported previously.

Link