CasaOS with debian "The path could not be found" Hard drive shares

Michiplatz

Michiplatz

Hello guys,

a newbie has problems finding the path to my hard drives under CasaOS. I also can't find any other setting options where I might have to change some rights or something in Emby. Emby is installed without Docker, i.e. directly via the CasaOs app store. The hard disks are recognized in the network and can also be accessed over my Windows PC and Android devices without any problems, only emby doesnt like something. Hope someone can help 

I also can't find any other setting options where I might have to change some rights or something in Emby.

Hi, what settings can't you find? What rights do you mean?

Michiplatz
Posted (edited)

when I try to create the path to my shared disks/folders in emby, it doesn't find any. But since I can reach and access all my shared folders via the ip address on my PC, except in emby, there must be problems with the rights between emby and CasaOS/Debian. But you can't really set much in CasaOs regarding permissions for Emby or I can't find it. With Synolgy I know from experience that you have to give Emby all rights as a user so that the path in Emby can also see the folders, so in my case I assume that it can only be something like this

Screenshot 2024-03-25 195743.png

Edited by Michiplatz

What path do you use to locate the folder directly on the server machine?

@Michiplatzcan you instead mount those network paths to local folders using CasaOS ? Then add the local folders into Emby Server.

Please see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Michiplatz

sorry for my late replay I had to much private stuff to do and I also was a little bit frustrated with all this stuff. Since Emby feels like that theres different ways to create paths for each operating system, for example, I didn't realize that under casaOS the paths in the app itself must first be created on the dashboard before I can then create a library with my paths in emby setup page. Now its working so thanks for youre help. Now its time to learn how to use emby for my needs.

• Thanks 1