Android TV or LG TV - need a little bit help

looking111

looking111

Hello all, 

as recommended by a good friend and also by our electronics dealer, I would like to buy an LGTV. But I'm a bit unsure about the webOS 23. In test reports you always read about a lot of advertising directly from the OS and that you can no longer use it after a few years because you no longer get updates. 

But I'm only interested in very good picture quality and LG has that and of course the Emby app. That's all I need.  LG Modell oled77c38LA

At the moment I have Ka-gis with Android TV and apart from the really bad panel I have no problems. If it works well with webOS 23, I would be very happy to switch. I mostly watch HD or 4K BluRay's with MKV backed up to the DB. 

Can you help me a little further here?

Hi.  Buy the TV that gives you the best picture.  If the internal OS isn't what you want, just get a streaming stick of your choice.

• Agree 2

looking111
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

If the internal OS isn't what you want, just get a streaming stick of your choice.

I hadn't thought of it like that before... I guess I'm a bit old school. What exactly would you have thought of? Because I don't use Google, Amazon or Microsoft because of data security. Only services that are needed are activated on the central firewall.