H/W transcode issues with audio sync and skipping

zeustek

zeustek

Hi team. I'm running emby server on windows server 2012 R2. I recently installed an nvidia GTX1080 for H/W transcoding as my old xeons were having trouble keeping up.

I'm having an issue ever since I started using H/W transcoding while playing video in Chrome; if I interrupt playback, such as pause, jump forward or back, everything is fine initially, but then the video will skip forward 10 or so seconds but the audio will continue playing as normal, then the audio will skip ahead and/or playback will freeze.

Other than this issue, playback is flawless from start to finish. If I encounter the issue and exit playback, or if I exit playback instead of pausing, resuming the video does not cause any issue.

I have tried changing the codec for transcoding but it has not made a difference. I will post logs the next time I encounter the issue.

visproduction

A lot of media content has incorrect timeline data that causes timeline adjustments to fail.  Try remuxing the video with ffmpeg or other video encoder.  There are several programs that can test for video issues.  Another test would be to download a proper test video of similar size and codec and see if that works.  If it does, then it's probably your video that has the issues.

• Agree 1

zeustek

Sorry, I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't in the few minutes I had spare. I'm busy with university and assessments for the next couple of weeks, I'll report back after that. In hindsight I should have waited until I had time to more fully test.

20 hours ago, zeustek said:

Sorry, I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't in the few minutes I had spare. I'm busy with university and assessments for the next couple of weeks, I'll report back after that. In hindsight I should have waited until I had time to more fully test.

OK that would be great, thanks.

Happy2Play

Are you able to update to current release 4.8.3.0?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke. Thanks for following up.

I was still having the same issue after updating to 4.8.3.0.

I have checked the graphics driver and it is quite old. I don't know why, but I do note that there is a 'security update' driver from Feb.

I'll update both and report back.

• Thanks 1