Coreelec strm problem

Cepheus_King
Go to solution Solved by Cepheus_King,

Cepheus_King

I really like Emby For Kodi Next Gen, it brings a great emby experience to my kodi, but during the process of using it with my two servers A and B, I encountered some issues, which I will describe in detail below:
My server A is based on the strm media library, and the strm link can only be accessed by server A
My server B has a live TV library accessed through IPv6
All functions and media can be used normally on emby for iOS, Android, Windows and web.

The problems I encountered are as follows:
1. Because only server A can access the link pointed to by strm, the corresponding content cannot be played on kodi (I have managed to solve this problem by hosts)
2. The problem of missing words exists in the strm file, such as the media of http://abc.com/XX.S01E03.4K.mkv, which displays the access address as http://abc.com/XX.S01E03.mkv in the log, resulting in playback failure
3. There are incorrect escapes, such as "[abc]" being escaped as "%5Babc%5D", which cannot be converted back to "[abc]" for access
4. Live TV cannot be played due to the lack of support for IPv6 in coreelec, and must be transcoded to play properly.  However, I do not want to turn on transcoding when it is not needed

I will provide a log of the above issues later, but I believe you should be able to understand my meaning:)
It would be better if there was an option for me to use emby as a relay server to play media (just like the web side)

quickmic

So 1 & 2 are solved, right?

3, I'll check the urlencoding. I think I can fix that one.

4, not sure if I got it right. 4 is not related to 3, correct?

If so, what do you expect for issue 4? I think it must be transcoded. I don't now another way to play it. Emby server must touch the stream in some way as you cannot play ipv6. Maybe just maybe by changing the container format, but would make too much sense...

Workaround, probably by proxy but then you need really good network skills.

Edited by quickmic

Cepheus_King
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

So 1 & 2 are solved, right?

3, I'll check the urlencoding. I think I can fix that one.

4, not sure if I got it right. 4 is not related to 3, correct?

If so, what do you expect for issue 4? I think it must be transcoded. I don't now another way to play it. Emby server must touch the stream in some way as you cannot play ipv6. Maybe just maybe by changing the container format, but would make too much sense...

Workaround, probably by proxy but then you need really good network skills.

2, 3, and 4 are still unresolved.  I think there may be a problem with one step of the url operation in 2 (maybe the last element was discarded during the step of splitting into a list and then merging?)
For 4, when using it on the web, it can be viewed normally even if the client does not have ipv6.  This is because emby will obtain the stream through the server and then send it to the client.  I wonder if this method can be implemented on kodi (like transcoding).
If the addon can achieve this playback method, I think it can solve all my problems.

Cepheus_King

Sorry to interrupt, question 2 is my own problem.

quickmic

For 4, when using it on the web, it can be viewed normally even if the client does not have ipv6.  This is because emby will obtain the stream through the server and then send it to the client

Are you sure it's an ipv6 problem and not a different issue? The plugin always requests streams via emby server. I think I need a kodi bebog log for review. Please send it via PM (don't upload debug logs in public).

Thanks.

• Solution
Cepheus_King
Posted (edited)

All problem has been resolved. Thanks to @quickmic!

1.resolved by hosts (in my situation)

2.My own media library issues

3.resolved by @quickmic in new version

4.Emby server issue

Edited by Cepheus_King
  • Like 1