Fire TV app not loading

h400exinfl

h400exinfl

Emby v 4.8.3.0

FireTv Emby App v2.0.981

Android App v3.3.69

After installing FireTV Amazon app, entering credentials and loading app, if I close the app, it will not load again without clearing data and reauthenticating. If I do not clear data, the fs app will just "spin".   I do see a quick flask of "Incorrect server version".  This happens on all 3 firestick devices. If using android app, it works without issue. Please advise what I am doing wrong. Thanks for any help.

louisbear99

My Emby comes up with unable to connect to  UTV3 just spins

46 minutes ago, louisbear99 said:

My Emby comes up with unable to connect to  UTV3 just spins

Hi.  This sounds like you need to speak to whomever owns the server you are trying to connect to.

10 hours ago, h400exinfl said:

Emby v 4.8.3.0

FireTv Emby App v2.0.981

Android App v3.3.69

After installing FireTV Amazon app, entering credentials and loading app, if I close the app, it will not load again without clearing data and reauthenticating. If I do not clear data, the fs app will just "spin".   I do see a quick flask of "Incorrect server version".  This happens on all 3 firestick devices. If using android app, it works without issue. Please advise what I am doing wrong. Thanks for any help.

Can you please try the standard "Emby" app in the Amazon store?

RanmaCanada

@ebrI have 2 firestick people who were having a similar problem today.  I did post some info in the windows server forum in regards to it.  The biggest issue is they are tech illiterate and trying to get any information from them in regards to this is mind numbingly hard.  Basically it freezes, gets wheel of death, and they have to force exit the app, and when they get back in everything is black or won't load.  Asking them to sideload the mainline app is like petting a cat for 5 minutes without being attacked. It's impossible.

Just now, RanmaCanada said:

Asking them to sideload the mainline app

The other app should be available in the Amazon store now.

h400exinfl
On 3/24/2024 at 7:02 PM, ebr said:

Can you please try the standard "Emby" app in the Amazon store?

This works, but appears to be the same "android" version I've been using since the Fire TV app stopped.  Is there any way to get the Fire TV app to consistently work again? If I recall, it  stopped after upgrading my server (containerized) a couple months back.  I had been running that version for at least 6 months prior, maybe more.  Not a huge deal, I just like the look and feel of the firestick app.

On 3/25/2024 at 8:20 PM, h400exinfl said:

This works, but appears to be the same "android" version I've been using since the Fire TV app stopped.  Is there any way to get the Fire TV app to consistently work again? If I recall, it  stopped after upgrading my server (containerized) a couple months back.  I had been running that version for at least 6 months prior, maybe more.  Not a huge deal, I just like the look and feel of the firestick app.

Hi, the standard app is also a firestick app. What could we do to make you prefer that one?