Music Videos missing functionality for persons (actors/directors etc.)

swedishhenrik
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

swedishhenrik

After many years of storing my Music Videos as "Movies" I have now started to transfer these to the correct "Music Videos" structure.
But I have come across a very unsatisfying limitation in Emby Theater.
I will use David Fincher as the example since he directed both Music Videos and Blockbuster Movies.
When in Emby Theater and I select the Director David Fincher, Emby Theater will only display Movies/TV directed by David Fincher.
All Music Videos from the Music Video Library are not shown.
The Music Videos still stored as "Movies" show but nothing from the proper Music Video library.

Same goes for all actors and composers that are added to the Music Videos.
This for me is problematic since I personally love to be able to quickly see other work from the same Director/Composer and in Music Videos this is not possible in Emby Theater.
Also it is many times interesting to see actors from Movies who make guest appearances in Music Videos or Performers who are both Musical Artists and Actors (e.g. Cher, Madonna)

In Server everything shows correctly (see screenshot below) so it seems to be a limitation only in Emby Theater.
image.thumb.png.8fdca2082a934ecb55e7cd4ce4af0ce7.png
I hope my explanation above is clear enough.

Hope that you can help fixing this.

Happy2Play

What version of ET? Desktop or App Store

7 hours ago, swedishhenrik said:

I will use David Fincher as the example since he directed both Music Videos and Blockbuster Movies.
When in Emby Theater and I select the Director David Fincher, Emby Theater will only display Movies/TV directed by David Fincher.

But will say it works for both, but are in different orders on my test.  Added Director to a random Music Video and opened Person.

This is Desktop but Store app will show them below Trailers in my library case.

image.thumb.png.a32fe9c5ccc52b8308875e359152b9e8.png

But yes there is separation for Artists vs People with their own presentations.

image.png.9826e1059ed7c057d2879e1155456337.png

Edited by Happy2Play

swedishhenrik

Hi Happy2Play,
Appreciate your answer.
I just realise that I have confuswed the Emby Theater with the Android App.
So my issue is related to that one.
Dont know if I can move my post to the correct forum or if I need to re-post there.
Anyway atteched are some screenshots that shows the display of David Fincher Director in the Android App (2.1.10g)
20240325_1.thumb.jpg.69bc8cfd1e03ec817deca77b053d4745.jpg

20240325_2.jpg

20240325_3.jpg

GrimReaper
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@GrimReapercan you move this to Android TV.

*Topic moved*

• Thanks 2

jaycedk

@LukeCan you please ad a disclaimer about 1 min. playback when you push the new app.

If you do not have a Premiere server license.

It does not work, the same when you have paid to the Android TV app.

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, swedishhenrik said:

Hi Luke,

All my phones are iOS so it does not make sideloading possible. So not able to try this option. 😞

Sorry you need to be specific to the app that has the issue as you posted above for the Android TV.

• Thanks 1

swedishhenrik
8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry you need to be specific to the app that has the issue as you posted above for the Android TV.

My apologies,

probably I am not following. Since we are in the same thread as before I thought it was obvious that my comment was in regards to the same problem with the Android TV app as mentioned at the top and that Luke’s comment was a suggestion to try to solve that. 

so to be clear I can’t do sideloading of the Android TV app as suggested by Luke above since that needs an Android phone to complete the action. I only own a Shield TV with Android TV Emby App installed and a secondary TV with Android TV and Emby Android TV app. Same issue as described above on both devices. 

21 hours ago, swedishhenrik said:

My apologies,

probably I am not following. Since we are in the same thread as before I thought it was obvious that my comment was in regards to the same problem with the Android TV app as mentioned at the top and that Luke’s comment was a suggestion to try to solve that. 

so to be clear I can’t do sideloading of the Android TV app as suggested by Luke above since that needs an Android phone to complete the action. I only own a Shield TV with Android TV Emby App installed and a secondary TV with Android TV and Emby Android TV app. Same issue as described above on both devices. 

Hi, actually you can sideload our standard app onto the Shield as well. Is that something you're able to try?

swedishhenrik
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, actually you can sideload our standard app onto the Shield as well. Is that something you're able to try?

Hi Luke,

would love to try but understand from the video you shared that I need an Android phone for the first part to complete Sideloading on Shield. 
I will watch it once again to try to understand how to do it without Android phone. Unless you have further instructions? 

• Solution
2 hours ago, swedishhenrik said:

Hi Luke,

would love to try but understand from the video you shared that I need an Android phone for the first part to complete Sideloading on Shield. 
I will watch it once again to try to understand how to do it without Android phone. Unless you have further instructions? 

HI, you don't need an android phone. You can install a file browser such as Xplore onto the Shield. Then you can use that to browse to the downloaded apk somewhere on your network, and then install that.

• Thanks 1

swedishhenrik
On 3/27/2024 at 10:52 PM, Luke said:

HI, you don't need an android phone. You can install a file browser such as Xplore onto the Shield. Then you can use that to browse to the downloaded apk somewhere on your network, and then install that.

Wow!

this worked like a charm and my music videos are now showing actors and directors with all credits. 

You are amazing Luke!

very happy for the patience with me being less of a technical genius. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, swedishhenrik said:

Wow!

this worked like a charm and my music videos are now showing actors and directors with all credits. 

You are amazing Luke!

very happy for the patience with me being less of a technical genius. 

Thanks for the feedback !