Emby TV with DNLA Output Selection

Brecon

Brecon

Hi guys, not sure if this can be done, but when using Emby TV app would it be possible to output the picture or select it as DLNA, I can do it using Emby app and Web Server, but then the remote to control selection is very hit and miss (It doesnt really work) or maybe there is a work around. I love outputting the movie direct to DLN as the picture quality looks better

Hi there, why do you think the remote control selection is hit or miss?

Brecon

Hi Luke, sorry I don't think i made myself clear. What i meant was, if you take any Emby player app for Pure Android (Minix U22-XJ TV Box) you have a choice in settings, Display to select Auto, Computer, TV, . So in my case, if i select anything other than TV the usb remote does not function correctly but it gives me the ability in the top right hand corner to select the dlna server i want to send the picture to. If I choose the TV display mode i loose the ability to do that but on the plus side the remote works perfectly. What i was trying to say is is there anyway to select TV display and still be able to select my dlna.. Is their anyway to have both

Typically in TV applications you don't remote control another device, right? That's why it's not displayed in TV display mode.

But every once in a while someone requests something like this so it's always possible to make available via an option.

Brecon
Posted (edited)

Luke would it be possible to have the option. I’m a lifetime Premiere using all Beta server and Android beta apps. I can’t be the only one that would like to have this option. 😁 It would be even better if you could set the option on a fixed setting instead of having to select the outit TV everytime you open Emby app

Edited by Brecon

HI, it's certainly possible for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

Brecon

Thank you Luke, it would be great to see in future beta releases 👍

• Thanks 1