Playback issues since changing to Emby Server for Synology

Kappa

Kappa

Hello everyone,

I recently switched to Synology for my emby server. Previously it ran on Windows for many years. No other changes to my set up. My problem is that since then the videos have been hanging or even freezing after just a few seconds. No chance to watch them. On the server and in the stats it is shown as direct play (HTTP).

During (manual) package installation I’d no difficulties to access my video files and set up my library. There are located on an external usb drive attached to the nas (/volumeUSB1/usbshare1-2; of course with a different naming for the shared folder in dsm).

Server:

Emby Server (4.8.3.0-724080300) on

Synology DS723+ (7.2.1-69057 Update 4)

[18GB RAM]

Player:

Emby for Android TV (2.1.10g) on

nVidia Shield TV Pro (2017) with Shield Experience 9.1.1 (33.2.0.157)

The video files I want to play are with high video/audio bitrates (up to 94 mbps). Never wanted to transcode. No noticeable problems with the Shield TV before. Can’t really see any access/permission problems. Is it possible that there are hardware limits? Hopefully not, as I don’t assume this is a problem while direct playing a file.

What I’ve done/tried so far:

-          set read/write permission in dsm for emby as internal system user as described

-          set optional network paths as described

-          attached network storage within Shield TV as described (never done this before!)

-          played around with smb and nfs permissions

-          checked permissions via ssh, as I suspected problems there with the usb device

-          several restarts of the server, the diskstation and the client

Server logs from today attached. Sorry for the large file, but that’s with debug logging.

I also sent a log file from the Android TV App. Last I wanted to watch Dune (2021) (stutter after 21s) at 15.13h (CET) / 10.13h (EST) with user emby.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63846803427.txt hardware_detection-63846803489.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kappa

Hello,

ok, I think I tracked down the problem. I came across an issue with the erhernet connection of the Shield TV. Even though it shows as connected, the connection was via wifi. Others reported this problem in the nvidia forum, too.

I resetup the connection and now it seems to work as I espect.

Sorry for that. You should always investigate the problem from the ground up... 😉

• Thanks 1