Additional Cathegoeies on Start Pagae in Web Interface or Emby Theater

GaiusOmnibus

GaiusOmnibus

Hi,

So far i have only My Media active on Start Page, have several Databases besides Movie, and TV series e.g. one For David Attenborough documentaireis one for documtetaries on nature, one for History...

My Idea would be to be able to place some extra choices there based on the database.

e.g One field actor - how often when an actor is in the news u think i would like to watch lets say a Clint Eastwood movie, atm i go into movies search for a clint eastwood movie choose his portrait and the get shown all his movie.

Why not choose Actors Button on start screen browse thru the actors the then can choose between all the movies and series he played in, same would be directors.

Other fiels would be genres (like infuse have) want see a comedy - choose genre comedy on start page - see them all

AS long as the databese is maintained correctly u could choos anything movies by studios, awards...

What do you think?

Greetings

Omni

Hi, yes you’ll be able to do this when we have smart views/playlists.

sydlexius
3 hours ago, GaiusOmnibus said:

Hi,

So far i have only My Media active on Start Page, have several Databases besides Movie, and TV series e.g. one For David Attenborough documentaireis one for documtetaries on nature, one for History...

My Idea would be to be able to place some extra choices there based on the database.

e.g One field actor - how often when an actor is in the news u think i would like to watch lets say a Clint Eastwood movie, atm i go into movies search for a clint eastwood movie choose his portrait and the get shown all his movie.

Why not choose Actors Button on start screen browse thru the actors the then can choose between all the movies and series he played in, same would be directors.

Other fiels would be genres (like infuse have) want see a comedy - choose genre comedy on start page - see them all

AS long as the databese is maintained correctly u could choos anything movies by studios, awards...

What do you think?

Greetings

Omni

Until Emby gets native support for Smart Playlists, you can use the Smart Playlists plugin to do this (I've done one playlist exactly what you asked for):

image.png