Adding Primary Cover Art from File - Does Not Upload, Keeps Spinning

donblair

donblair

I'm having a problem I hope is just on my end: I'm trying to upload custom cover artwork for series that are not recognized by any DB. Adding cover art as "Primary" from a file does not appear to be working, it just shows the spinner once I click upload (see attachment). I can upload any other artwork for Logo, Banner, Art and Thumb, it uploads instantly.

Things I've tried:

• Tried incognito (I have no extensions that run incognito)
  • Renamed file
  • Moved file from NAS to local
  • Deleted old image first

Is there anything else I can try? 

Thanks.

embysupport-01.png

Hello donblair,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

donblair

Edit: I am actually having this problem randomly with other types of artwork (e.g., I am also having this issue with adding artwork to "Art").

Happy2Play

Yes we need server log for when you tried to upload image.

• 3 weeks later...
donblair

Sorry folks for the long wait to reply. I appreciate your responses @Lukeand @Happy2Play

I am actually having two problems that I think may be entirely related to file storage permissions. I'm also unable to change things like user profile images, etc. 

I've since rotated the logs several times in troubleshooting other issues and there's nothing exactly in the log that sticks out to me. What I've attached to this post is a clean log and an attempt to change the profile picture of a user. 

I was able to work around the artwork issue by naming the artwork by Emby conventions, and then running a library scan: that picked up and added the images appropriately. 

Are profile files added to the default cache (or specified) location? I'm hosting this on a Windows Server 2019 VM, and have not changed the default cache location. If it's uploading it to somewhere else, please let me know. 

Thanks for your help and responsiveness. 

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, donblair said:

Are profile files added to the default cache (or specified) location?

User profile images are in programdata/config/users/useridfolder

But do not see anything relate to user profile image in that log.

donblair
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

User profile images are in programdata/config/users/useridfolder

But do not see anything relate to user profile image in that log.

Thanks for your quick response. I noticed this too. Instead, the wheel endlessly spins while trying to upload. 

What is the naming convention for images for user profiles? Maybe if I manually add the file and then restart the server, it'll pick them up, like it did when I had to add manual cover artwork?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, donblair said:

Thanks for your quick response. I noticed this too. Instead, the wheel endlessly spins while trying to upload. 

What is the naming convention for images for user profiles? Maybe if I manually add the file and then restart the server, it'll pick them up, like it did when I had to add manual cover artwork?

Looks like Emby creates poster.jpg, but have beta system with folder.png so there are variables.

image.png.b976dd74f6722775381c77f08f12de4e.png

I would probably focus on the root issue because this is bound to manifest itself to other problems.

Are you sure that's the log file from when you tried to upload?