Start Power DVD External Player on 2nd screen

GaiusOmnibus

GaiusOmnibus

Hi,

i am making real progress on one of my projects.

I have a Windows PC in my Living Room Theater the main screen connetcted vie a Yamaha 3090 to my Sony VPL-VW 270.

At the moment i use my ipad pro with an app called Duet Dispay on 2nd screen, which might be replace by a touchscreen monitor at some point later.

On the 2nd screen i can start playnite to choose any Windows games to start on main screen.

Next step would be to start Emby theater choose am movie or tv show then when i press start Poewer dvd should open up and start playback on main screen.

But i cannot find any Point in settings to where i could add the player (i have wiedergabe in the menür under username - nothing there and  tastatur+fernbedienug and dowsloads under Emby for windows)

2nd what should i enter to start the player in fullscreen on main screen?

thx Omni

Hi ,is there a way tell PowerDVD to open on the 2nd screen using the command line?

If you can find that in PowerDVD documentation (if it exists), then you can add this to your external player command line arguments.

• 4 weeks later...
GaiusOmnibus

Got it  (most of it)

had to change parts of the plaqn but i got it

Showed it didnt work out as long as the server was installed on my NAS (4K streaming keeped stopping) so I installed on own server on my HTPC

Fun Fact for power dvd to work i had to check the internet stream box in external player - all other choices i ended up with the internal player.

Still on to do list:

Emby theater needs to be started as admin so every time i geht the Windows dialog to allow .. have to find out how to stop this just for emby theater

Sometimes Power dvd start replay on the small screen  and then emby theater screen ist spilt between the two screens.

Will report back after i got those 2 done

Greetings

Omni

• Thanks 1