Remote Connection nor working (Possible UPnP Issue)

knet2020
Go to solution Solved by knet2020,

knet2020

Hi,

I have followed the guide for Remote Connections and looking through the logs I see that Emby is not able to create the UPnP Port mapping:

2024-03-23 04:58:50.102 Error PortMapper: Error creating port map

I run DDWRT in my router:

Router ModelTP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1
Firmware VersionDD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std (11/03/20)

I have changed ports and set a manual port forward but nothing seems to work, I suspect there is an issue with the router itself (DDWRT does have some history of issues with UPnP) and have a rule created in Windows firewall etc. My router does NOT show the Emby Server on the UPnP screen. The weird part is it does show an entry for Plex which is running on the same machine which allows remote access. Whenever I try to access the WAN connection I get a 'connection refused' screen. I have pretty much ruled out CGNat too. Anything else I should do/try to see if I can get it to work?

2024-03-23 07_33_41-apixlan (build 44715) - UPnP - Vivaldi.png

Edited by knet2020
added UPnP image

Hello knet2020,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
knet2020

So with lots of trial & error, I finally got remote access working 😀 I followed some info from the DDWRT forums and upgraded my router firmware as a starting point although this was NOT required. I took lstryhrn's advice and experimented with setting up a manual port forward and this led to some different combinations of ports and IP addresses as the DDWRT interface is not very clear on this point.

I have essentially setup :

Name: Emby

Protocol: TCP

SourceNet: BLANK

Port From: 8096

IP Address: 192.168.1.* < This was where I had issues but essentially it's the IP address where Emby is hosted on my local machine hence the local IP address

Port To: 8096

I also restarted the Emby server AND the router and was presented with the login screen (I am using a custom domain)

• Thanks 1