Viewing Order for Split Video Files

Hello,

https://emby.media/support/articles/Movie-Naming.html#split-video-files-file-stacking

Current behaviour:
When there are 4 or 5 parts, the last one becomes the starting point for the movie instead of part 1 for some reason. (see attached)

Naming scheme:
MovieTitle (YYYY)\MovieTitle (YYYY) part1
MovieTitle (YYYY)\MovieTitle (YYYY) part2
MovieTitle (YYYY)\MovieTitle (YYYY) part3
MovieTitle (YYYY)\MovieTitle (YYYY) part4

Tried A B C D instead of numerals and part B was assigned as the starting point instead of part A.

3 or 2-part titles work as expected. More than 5 not tested.

screen.gif

Edited by trance_planet
Formatting

Gilgamesh_48

I never have that problem but I only think I have maybe two multipart files in my library. I would have a number more but i use any one of several tools combine the separate files into one. I do not really like looking at my library and seeing a bunch of files that are incomplete of themselves. Combining the multi part files into just one file makes sense to me.

Happy2Play

What server version?

image.png.294e652dd65c972f30d58d4063924c53.png

28 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Combining the multi part files into just one file makes sense to me.

There is a reason I keep this title split into parts in my library. Combining them would be a workaround but I'm rather trying to understand the behaviour or have the bug fixed if it is one. Thanks for your input. 🙂

Happy2Play

Not sure then as using exactly what you posted above, I get the same results in 4.8.3.0 and 4.9.0.11.

First part is primary item.

image.png.dbb0aa0d5e126af8cb7f80dae5baaed6.png

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

image.png.dbb0aa0d5e126af8cb7f80dae5baaed6.png

I doubt it'll make any difference but just for the sake of it, would you change the extension of your test files to MKV, rescan and confirm that part1 is still recognized as the starting point at your end?

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, trance_planet said:

I doubt it'll make any difference but just for the sake of it, would you change the extension of your test files to MKV, rescan and confirm that part1 is still recognized as the starting point at your end?

I have and makes no different for actual media extension (mp4, mkv, strm, disc) will do the same thing.

I even removed all parts except part4 so the server saw it as primary then added 1-3 and 1 was picked up as primary again.

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have and makes no different for actual media extension (mp4, mkv, strm, disc) will do the same thing.

I even removed all parts except part4 so the server saw it as primary then added 1-3 and 1 was picked up as primary again.

Hm. Alrighty then. I'll prepare another set of test files and try this again. Another head-scratcher to start the weekend, how lovely. I appreciate the assistance. 🙂