Unraid Emby Docker Issue

INDICOHD
Go to solution Solved by INDICOHD,

INDICOHD
On 11/20/2022 at 9:19 AM, PaulE123 said:

Hi Mark, sorry for the confusion, but I've no way to know what player/device is causing the issue...it happened once when I was away on holiday (so not the Shield that time), and another time when I was at home not using the shield. The server (Unraid) is alerting me to high docker.img use, and then moments later, the use returns to normal. It seems to be when WAN users are accessing media, though not necessarily transcoded media, it can be be direct play too. All my paths/settings appear to be correct, so I'm really not sure what the cause is. It's too infrequent to pinpoint, and resolves moments later with no indication of what happened.

I have the same problem. Did you get to solve it?

INDICOHD
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

@INDICOHD hi, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

I use unraid and my docker.img is always getting bigger. I’ve made some tests and I think that is emby docker’s fault. I don’t know what it is but something is writing into my docker.img. The transcription path is the following: /mnt/sisappdata/appdata/EmbyServer/trascoding-temp. I don’t know the reason why my docker image file is full. The only change I recently made was creating a reverse proxy from Cloudfare following the instructions on a post in this forum

seanbuff
1 hour ago, INDICOHD said:

I use unraid and my docker.img is always getting bigger.

Typical causes of this are due to the mappings on your docker template, if the application, Emby in this case is configured to write to a path that has not been mapped on your docker container configuration then that this will cause it to be written to the docker.img itself causing the blow out.

1 hour ago, INDICOHD said:

The transcription path is the following: /mnt/sisappdata/appdata/EmbyServer/trascoding-temp

Have your configured your docker container to map this path to something that Emby can access?

Something like this:

image.png.0f3d15d6d45d99f22305a6aaacacd0ab.png

Emby will see /data/mediavol2 and not /mnt/user/Media Vol2/

• Like 1

PaulE123
19 hours ago, INDICOHD said:

I have the same problem. Did you get to solve it?

Hasn't happened me since the thread you quoted me from. I believe enabling Throttling meant Emby would transcode piece by piece, instead of the whole file at once. That seemed to resolve it in my case anyway (fingers crossed!)

bi0h4zard

It seems to be when WAN users are accessing media, though not necessarily transcoded media, it can be be direct play too.

Do You have a log from 

image.thumb.png.f1867d1727a0fc0b40b917e8cf993998.png

Do you use the original Emby container from docker or the binhex version?

image.png

jiggity

you can increase the size of your img file

Settings - docker - disable docker.  Advanced view.  Increase the size and reenable docker.  Apply

• Solution
INDICOHD
Posted (edited)
On 25/3/2024 at 22:48, Luke said:

Hola, ¿esto ha ayudado?

Finally I could solve my problem. It wasn't the emby container but the nginx proxy manager. When I disabled It, the size diminished from 90% to 19%. The problem only occurs un ngnx proxy manager when I set a proxy un emby from nginx. If I don't do that, It doesn't write into my docker.img

Edited by INDICOHD
  • Thanks 1