TV shows added do not show in library

ramseyn

ramseyn

Today I added an old TV show to my library folders, 3 seasons, 4 episodes in each.

Emby will not display them. I cannot find them despite library re-scans,

I have media library, then library types, then the categories I want (drama, comedy etc), then Show names then folders for seasons.

Seems to work for all others but this new show just does not display.

Here is folder structure, what the Display shows when I select "Shows" and also what I see if I drill down through the "Folders" option, where the "House of Cards" folder doesn't even show.

As the folder structure shows, there are .mp4 files in there.

Any idea what could cause this?

Folder tree.png

TV Shows by Shows.png

TV Shows by folder.png

Folders under Drama.png

embyserver.txt

Hi, are you able to find them by searching?

Danielcurly

Exactly the same thing happening here, yesterday i added 3 tv shows to my Series folder as usual and nothing is showing in the library even after manually telling it to scan for new files and wait for a whole day. This happened with the apk from the asustor store, and the same is happening after updating to the last beta apk from the emby website.

(This is my first post here, so hi everyone!)😀

Edited by Danielcurly

ramseyn
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you able to find them by searching?

No, I tried a search. I cannot see them so no metadata anywhere.

I haven't (consciously updated Emby server.

ramseyn

Further testing: If I use VLC to access the DLNA service on the NAS, it can see and play the new content just fine.

Danielcurly

It seems to be the exactly same problem i'm having. I can access the files with any user over SMB, over AIdata, over the web, play them over DLNA..., but emby won't even show the folder in the library.

I tried adding a tv show by copying it through SMB, by downloading it direcly on qbittorrent from the nas and through FTP and they are not beeing added. The thing is the movie library is being updated correctly...

Im attaching the log of a library scan in case  it helps.

embyserver.txt

ramseyn

Yes, it looks the same.

I attached a log in the original post.

ramseyn

OK, this morning I can see House of Cards in both the Drama folders and in the Shows list.

Emby insists it is the later American rip-off of the original UK House of Cards and has all the US images and dfates.

I have gone into the metadata and cleared everything out, added the correct years for the seasons and episodes and put in the TVDB ID for the original UK series. Refreshing metadata (missing metadata only, replace images) does nothing.

None of the TVDB metadata is picked up and the images stay as the later US series.

Emby seems to have got partly there and recognises the files exist now but it refuses to acknowledge that the US copied a UK story and, in typical Hollywood fashion, will only present the American version.

Happy2Play

Need logs but per your naming scheme I would expect it to pick up the use version from their api as all you have is "House of Cards".  Is that along will return 6 different shows on the api and the US version being the first one.  You see the same searching on their website also even though exact match should be UK version as US is in the naming.  But providers don't really do exact matching by name along.

Spoiler

{
  "status": "success",
  "data": [
    {
      "objectID": "series-262980",
      "aliases": [
        "House of Cards (2013)",
        "紙牌屋"
      ],
      "country": "usa",
      "id": "series-262980",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/262980-3.jpg",
      "name": "House of Cards (US)",
      "first_air_time": "2013-02-01",
      "overview": "Ruthless and cunning, Congressman Francis Underwood and his wife Claire stop at nothing to conquer everything. It penetrates the shadowy world of greed, sex and corruption in modern D.C.",
      "primary_language": "eng",
      "primary_type": "series",
      "status": "Ended",
      "type": "series",
      "tvdb_id": "262980",
      "year": "2013",
      "slug": "house-of-cards-us",
      "overviews": {
        "ces": "Americký kongresman Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) je ambiciózní politik. Tak ambiciózní, že se nebojí namočit v těch nejšpinavějších vodách politiky 21. století. Když je mu odmítnuta pozice ministra zahraniční v čerstvé vládě demokratického prezidenta, vydává se Francis na dlouhou cestu, při které si hodlá skrze staré i nové kontakty nejen v politice, intriky bez špetky slitování a výřečnosti s chirurgickou přesností trpělivě budovat cestičku k vlastní nové velké kariéře, které je již nějaké ministerstvo malé.",
        "dan": "Serien foregår i nutidens Washington, D.C., og omhandler det demokratiske kongresmedlem Frank Underwood (spillet af Kevin Spacey), der fungerer som gruppeformand for den demokratiske gruppe i Repræsentanternes Hus. Efter præsidentvalget bliver han vraget som udenrigsminister i den nye regering, og han beslutter at hævne sig på dem, der forrådte ham i processen",
        "deu": "Willkommen im Löwenkäfig Washington D.C.: Für seine politische Karriere ist der machtgierige Kongressabgeordnete Francis Underwood zu fast allem bereit. Als der neu gewählte US-Präsident Walker ihm überraschend das Amt des Außenministers verwehrt, sieht Underwood rot. Angetrieben von seiner berechnenden Ehefrau Claire, spinnt der gut vernetzte Underwood eine heimtückische Intrige gegen die Regierung.",
        "ell": "Η σειρά 13 επεισοδίων διερευνά την αδίστακτη πλευρά της βρετανικής πολιτικής, στο τέλος της εποχής Θάτσερ.\r\n\r\nΌχι και πολύ μακριά από τα σημερινά πολιτικά δεδομένα . με φόντο την σημερινή εκλογική πολιτική των ΗΠΑ\r\n\r\nΑνέκαθεν η πολιτική διαφθορά ήταν και είναι πηγαίο θέμα έμπνευσης\r\n\r\nΑλλά δυστυχώς μένουμε στην αποτύπωση στο σενάριο , που εδώ ξεπερνιέται\r\n\r\nΜε τη άριστη ηθοποιία του Kevin Spacey που κάνει την αλλαγή\r\n\r\nΠροσωπική μου άποψη ότι πρέπει να πάρει Αγαλματίδιο\r\n\r\nΔεν είναι και τυχαία η κορυφαία βαθμολογία 9/10\r\n\r\nΕίναι ένα άριστο πολιτικό θρίλερ που έχει από όλα.",
        "eng": "Ruthless and cunning, Congressman Francis Underwood and his wife Claire stop at nothing to conquer everything. It penetrates the shadowy world of greed, sex and corruption in modern D.C.",
        "fin": "Frank Underwood on häikäilemätön demokraattien puoluepiiskuri, joka tekee mitä tahansa pitääkseen vallan omissa käsissään ja päästäkseen ruokaketjussa ylöspäin. Kun miehelle luvattu ulkoministerin virka annetaankin toiselle, ei Underwood suostu alistumaan kohtaloonsa. Hän punoo laaja-alaisen ja kauaskantoisen suunnitelman, jonka tarkoituksena on kostaa osallisille korkojen kera. Yhdysvaltain hallituksessa nuo keinot rakentuvat valehtelun, paljastuksien ja selkään puukotusten varaan, ja Underwood on keinottelun todellinen mestari. Underwood ja hänen vaimonsa Claire aikovat saavuttaa kaiken, eikä heitä pysäytä mikään. \r\n\r\nHouse of Cards kuvaa poliittisen valtapelin raakana ja lohduttomana omaa etua tavoittelevien henkilöiden keskittymänä, jossa mikään tai kukaan ei ole muuta kuin pelinappula valtaapitävien koko yhteiskunnan rakenteisiin vaikuttavalla laudalla.",
        "fra": "Suite à l'élection d'un nouveau président des États-Unis, le Tout-Washington attend la nomination de l'un de ses soutiens, le député Frank Underwood, à un poste majeur. Mais le président n'honore pas sa promesse. Blessé par ce coup bas qu'il n'a pas vu venir, Franck n'a plus qu'un but : la vengeance . En compagnie de sa femme Claire qui souhaite le voir arriver au sommet de l'État pour faciliter l'expansion de son association caritative, Underwood active ses réseaux et élabore en urgence une stratégie de reconquête tout-terrain.",
        "heb": "בית הקלפים מציגה את התככים והמזימות במסדרונות הצדדיים של וושינגטון בת זמננו. הדמויות בה מונעות על ידי תאוות בצע ושחיתות, סקס ואהבה, וחקירה חסרת פשרות של כוח. במרכז עומד פרנק אנדרווד, איש קונגרס מהמפלגה הדמוקרטית, בעל אחיזה בכל סוד שיש לפוליטיקה האמריקאית להציע. אנדרווד הוא פוליטיקאי של פוליטיקאים. מיומן, מתעתע, כריזמטי, אכזרי ויעשה הכל כדי לעלות לגדולה.",
        "hrv": "Francis Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) ambiciozni je Demokrat zahvaljujući kojem je predsjednik Garrett Walker (Michael Gill) došao do ove visoke pozicije. Za ovu veliku pomoć, Frank je trebao postati državni tajnik, međutim Predsjednik ipak neće održati svoje obećanje, već ga želi zadržati u Kongresu. Frank je bijesan zbog ove izdaje i uz pomoć svoje supruge Claire (Robin Wright) želi osvetu kako bi se u konačnici omogao moći te potencijalno i predsjedničke fotelje. Počinje igra puna manipulacije i spletki...",
        "hun": "Francis Underwood szinte már biztosnak vette, hogy őt fogják a külügyminiszteri posztra választani az előző képviselő leváltása után, de nem így történt. Csalódását gyorsan kiheveri, és ördögi bosszútervet sző, melyben a konkurencia félreállítása mellett, hűséges ismerősöket állítva előkelő pozíciókba, saját politikai hatalmát is megnövelheti. Ebben lesz segítségére Claire, a hűséges felesége, Zoe Barnes, a feltörekvő ifjú újságíró, illetve Doug Stamper, első embere.",
        "ita": "Ambientato ai giorni nostri a Washington D.C., House of Cards è la storia di Frank Underwood, un democratico del quinto distretto congressuale della Carolina del Sud che, nonostante avesse sostenuto Garrett Walker come futuro Presidente degli Stati Uniti, viene silurato per la carica di Segretario di Stato. Decide allora di esigere la propria vendetta personale nei confronti dei vertici politici di Washington che lo hanno tradito.",
        "jpn": "新大統領誕生に沸くワシントン。 \r\nその立役者フランシス(スペイシー)は、大統領選に尽力した見返りとして国務長官の地位を約束されていたが、新政権発足と共に白紙に戻されてしまう。 \r\n突然の裏切りに怒り心頭のフランシスは、妻クレア(ライト)の後押しもあり、大統領を失墜させるべく謀略を企てる。 \r\n信頼を置く腹心のダグ(ケリー)、野心的な女性記者ゾーイ(マーラ)、さらにはスキャンダルまみれの若手議員ピーター(ストール)らを巻き込んで、フランシスは新たな野望への階段を上り始める。",
        "kor": "영국의 정치인이자 작가인 마이클 돕스의 동명 소설을 원작으로 \r\n1990년 영국 BBC에서 제작, 방영된 동명 미니시리즈를 할리우드에서 리메이크한 정치 스릴러 드라마.",
        "nld": "House of Cards is een Amerikaanse televisieserie ontwikkeld door Beau Willimon voor de streamingdienst Netflix. Kevin Spacey speelt in de hoofdrol als Francis \"Frank\" Underwood, een genadeloos en ambitieus politicus in Washington D.C. Het politieke drama is gebaseerd op de gelijknamige Britse miniserie uit 1990.",
        "pol": "Po zwycięskich wyborach prezydenckich, senator Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) zostaje pozbawiony obiecanego mu wcześniej stanowiska Sekretarza Stanu. Underwood, wykorzystując manipulacje oraz intrygi, zamierza zemścić się na prezydencie i odebrać mu urząd. Postanawia posłużyć się również znajomością z dziennikarką Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara).",
        "por": "House of Cards é uma série dramática sobre a política americana criada por Beau Willimon. É uma adaptação de uma minissérie anterior de mesmo nome da BBC baseada no livro de Michael Dobbs. A série conta a história de Frank Underwood, democrata do 5º distrito da Carolina do Sul, que, depois de ser preterido na nomeação a Secretário de Estado, decide vingar-se daqueles que o traíram.\r\nRetrato cruel e fiel da política americana e, mais amplamente, das relações humanas a série é inspirada em duas tragédias de Shakespeare (Ricardo III e Macbeth).",
        "pt": "Traído pela Casa Branca, o congressista Frank Underwood embarca em uma jornada implacável para chegar ao poder. Chantagem, sedução e ambição são suas maiores armas.",
        "rus": "За помощь в избирательной кампании президента США Гаррета Уолкера конгрессмен Фрэнк Андервуд рассчитывал получить пост Госсекретаря США. Однако его ожидания обмануты. Френк и его супруга Клэр намерены во что бы то ни стало отомстить и вернуть обещанную власть. В затяжную политическую интригу втянут бывший алкоголик и наркоман, а ныне конгрессмен Питер Руссо и амбициозная девушка-репортер Зои Барнс. Жертвы неизбежны.",
        "spa": "El implacable y manipulador congresista Francis Underwood, con la complicidad de su calculadora mujer, maneja con gran destreza los hilos de poder en Washington.",
        "swe": "House of Cards är en amerikansk politisk dramaserie från 2013 skapad av Beau Willimon. House of Cards är baserad på Michael Dobbs roman med samma namn, och på mini-TV-serien House of Cards i fyra avsnitt, baserad på boken, som BBC sände 1990. Den amerikanska serien hade premiär 1 februari 2013 och består av 13 avsnitt. Den andra säsongen bestående av 13 avsnitt släpptes 14 februari 2014.[1][2]\r\nHouse of Cards kretsar kring kongressledamoten Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) och hans planer på att ta hämnd för det faktum att han inte utsågs till USA:s utrikesminister.",
        "tur": "Washington’da hırslı bir politikacının zirveye tırmanışını anlatıyor. Kevin Spacey tarafından canlandırılan Francis Underwood yıllarını Beyaz Saray koridorlarında geçirdikten sonra, artık başkanlık seçimlerine adaylığını koyması gerektiğini düşünüyor. Ne de olsa bunca zaman o koridorlarda gördüğü tüm üst düzey bürokratlar ile ilgili her türlü bilgiye sahip. Kimi hangi dosyayla tehdit edeceğini biliyor. Bu gözü kara politikacının Robin Wright tarafından canlandırılan eşi Claire’in de ondan aşağı kalır yanı yok. Francis Underwood’un başkanlık koltuğuna ilerlemek için adeta iskambil kağıtlarından bir ev gibi itinayla inşa ettiği stratejisini ilgiyle takip edeceksiniz.",
        "zho": "弗蘭西斯‧安德伍德是一位極具政治野心的南卡羅來納州民主黨眾議員、眾議院多數黨黨鞭。他幫助加勒特‧沃克贏得大選成為第45任美國總統,而沃克作為回報則許諾將任命他為國務卿。然而,在沃克宣誓就職之前,白宮幕僚長琳達‧瓦斯奎茲卻告知安德伍德,稱總統希望將他留在國會推動法案通過,因而將不會提名他作國務卿。安德伍德對總統的背叛之舉憤怒不已,他決定單干倒戈,逐步實現自己的總統夢想。"
      },
      "translations": {
        "ara": "بيت البطاقات (الأمريكي)",
        "ces": "Dům z karet",
        "dan": "House Of Cards",
        "deu": "House of Cards (US)",
        "eng": "House of Cards (US)",
        "fin": "House of Cards",
        "fra": "House of Cards (US)",
        "heb": "בית הקלפים",
        "hrv": "Kuća od karata",
        "hun": "Kártyavár",
        "ita": "House of Cards",
        "jpn": "ハウス・オブ・カード 野望の階段",
        "kor": "하우스 오브 카드 (2013)",
        "nld": "House of Cards (US)",
        "pol": "House of Cards (US)",
        "por": "House of Cards",
        "pt": "House of Cards",
        "rus": "Карточный домик (2013)",
        "spa": "House of Cards (US)",
        "swe": "House of Cards",
        "tur": "House of Cards",
        "zho": "纸牌屋"
      },
      "network": "Netflix",
      "remote_ids": [
        {
          "id": "https://www.netflix.com/title/70178217",
          "type": 4,
          "sourceName": "Official Website"
        },
        {
          "id": "HouseofCards",
          "type": 5,
          "sourceName": "Facebook"
        },
        {
          "id": "HouseofCards",
          "type": 6,
          "sourceName": "Twitter"
        },
        {
          "id": "tt1856010",
          "type": 2,
          "sourceName": "IMDB"
        },
        {
          "id": "SH01676454",
          "type": 3,
          "sourceName": "TMS (Zap2It)"
        },
        {
          "id": "HouseOfCards/",
          "type": 7,
          "sourceName": "Reddit"
        },
        {
          "id": "houseofcards",
          "type": 9,
          "sourceName": "Instagram"
        },
        {
          "id": "1425",
          "type": 12,
          "sourceName": "TheMovieDB.com"
        }
      ],
      "thumbnail": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/262980-3_t.jpg"
    },
    {
      "objectID": "series-79861",
      "aliases": [
        "The House of Cards Trilogy: House of Cards",
        "Карточный доми",
        "Dom z kart",
        "Maktens korthus",
        "Kártyavár",
        "纸牌屋 英版"
      ],
      "country": "gbr",
      "id": "series-79861",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/79861-3.jpg",
      "name": "House of Cards",
      "first_air_time": "1990-11-18",
      "overview": "The schemes of a ruthlessly ambitious British politician who will stop at nothing to get to the top.",
      "tvdb_id": "79861",
      "year": "1990",
      "slug": "house-of-cards",
        "ces": "Schémata nemilosrdně ambiciózního britského politika, který se nezastaví před ničím, aby se dostal na vrchol.",
        "deu": "Die Pläne eines rücksichtslos ehrgeizigen britischen Politikers, der vor nichts Halt machen wird, um an die Spitze zu gelangen.\r\n",
        "eng": "The schemes of a ruthlessly ambitious British politician who will stop at nothing to get to the top.",
        "fas": "نقشه های یک سیاستمدار بیرحمانه جاه طلب انگلیسی که برای رسیدن به اوج هیچ کاری متوقف نخواهد شد.\r\n",
        "fra": "Les plans d'un politicien britannique impitoyablement ambitieux qui ne recule devant rien pour arriver au sommet.\r\n",
        "ita": "Gli schemi di un politico britannico spietatamente ambizioso che non si fermerà davanti a nulla pur di arrivare al vertice.\r\n\r\n",
        "jpn": "不謹慎だが狡猾な保守首相であるフランシス・アーカートは、リベラルな君主と次の総選挙によって彼の生存を脅かしている。",
        "nld": "De plannen van een meedogenloos ambitieuze Britse politicus die voor niets zal stoppen om de top te bereiken.\r\n\r\n",
        "rus": "Схемы безжалостно амбициозного британского политика, который не остановится ни перед чем, чтобы добраться до вершины.\r\n",
        "spa": "Los planes de un político británico despiadadamente ambicioso que no se detendrá ante nada para llegar a la cima.\r\n",
        "zho": "1990年英国BBC推出的电视剧版《纸牌屋》改编自Michael Dobbs的同名政治惊悚小说,共由《纸牌屋》、《戏王记》、《最终章》三部分组成,每部分四集,单集片长约55分钟。 该剧在2000年英国电影学院评选的100部英国最优秀电视节目中排名第84位,2010年英国《卫报》评选的史上50佳英美剧中排名第18位。"
      },
        "ces": "Domeček z karet",
        "deu": "Ein Kartenhaus",
        "eng": "House of Cards",
        "fas": "خانه کارتها",
        "fra": "House of Cards",
        "ita": "Castello di Carte",
        "jpn": "王を演じるには",
        "nld": "House of Cards",
        "rus": "Карточный домик",
        "spa": "Castillo de Naipes",
        "zho": "纸牌屋"
      },
      "network": "BBC One",
        {
          "id": "tt0098825",
        },
        {
          "id": "21720",
        }
      ],
      "thumbnail": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/79861-3_t.jpg"
    },
    {
      "objectID": "series-288520",
      "country": "esp",
      "id": "series-288520",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/288520-1.jpg",
      "name": "House of Cars",
      "first_air_time": "2014-11-23",
      "overview": "‘House of cars’ es una serie que pretende mostrar la increíble transformación de automóviles clásicos deteriorados en auténticas joyas ‘vintage’ sobre ruedas. En el maletero de cada coche que entrará en el taller de José Vicente Díez, el dueño del garaje M&M Clásicos, se esconderán emocionantes historias personales que guiarán cada proceso de restauración.  Por su taller de Quintanar de la Sierra (Burgos),  pasarán los modelos más icónicos y únicos que ruedan por nuestro país y, junto a su equipo de mecánicos, les devolverá el brillo de los grandes clásicos sobre cuatro ruedas.",
      "primary_language": "spa",
      "tvdb_id": "288520",
      "year": "2014",
      "slug": "house-of-cars",
        "deu": "Autos sind seine große Leidenschaft, deshalb hat José Vicente seinen Job als Manager einer internationalen Firma aufgegeben und in Quintanar de la Sierra in der spanischen Provinz Burgos eine Kfz-Werkstatt eröffnet. Dort bringt der Firmenboss gemeinsam mit seinen Mechanikern Bebe und Dani betagte Oldtimer auf Vordermann.",
        "spa": "‘House of cars’ es una serie que pretende mostrar la increíble transformación de automóviles clásicos deteriorados en auténticas joyas ‘vintage’ sobre ruedas. En el maletero de cada coche que entrará en el taller de José Vicente Díez, el dueño del garaje M&M Clásicos, se esconderán emocionantes historias personales que guiarán cada proceso de restauración.  Por su taller de Quintanar de la Sierra (Burgos),  pasarán los modelos más icónicos y únicos que ruedan por nuestro país y, junto a su equipo de mecánicos, les devolverá el brillo de los grandes clásicos sobre cuatro ruedas."
      },
        "eng": "House of Cars",
        "spa": "House of Cars"
      },
      "network": "Discovery MAX",
        {
          "id": "tt4241468",
        },
        {
          "id": "153360",
        }
      ],
      "thumbnail": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/288520-1_t.jpg"
    },
    {
      "objectID": "series-301510",
      "country": "gbr",
      "id": "series-301510",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/images/missing/series.jpg",
      "name": "House of Cars (2015)",
      "first_air_time": "2015-09-07",
      "overview": "Following the staff at Belfast's Charles Hurst dealership, the largest car lot in Europe, as they attempt to hit their sales targets",
      "tvdb_id": "301510",
      "year": "2015",
      "slug": "house-of-cars-2015",
        "eng": "Following the staff at Belfast's Charles Hurst dealership, the largest car lot in Europe, as they attempt to hit their sales targets"
      },
        "eng": "House of Cars (2015)"
      },
      "network": "BBC One",
        {
          "id": "https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b069frfz",
          "type": 4,
          "sourceName": "Official Website"
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "objectID": "series-334720",
      "id": "series-334720",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/series/334720/posters/5f447b3f88cb4.jpg",
      "name": "Volo, House of Cars",
      "first_air_time": "2017-09-10",
      "overview": "Brian and Jay seek to add rare and collectible vehicles to their father's museum, the Volo Auto Museum.",
      "tvdb_id": "334720",
      "year": "2017",
      "slug": "volo-house-of-cars",
        "eng": "Brian and Jay seek to add rare and collectible vehicles to their father's museum, the Volo Auto Museum."
      },
        "eng": "Volo, House of Cars"
      },
      "network": "History",
        {
          "id": "EP02770451",
        }
      ],
      "thumbnail": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/series/334720/posters/5f447b3f88cb4_t.jpg"
    },
    {
      "objectID": "series-334021",
      "id": "series-334021",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/334021-1.jpg",
      "name": "Gear Dogs",
      "first_air_time": "2017-09-04",
      "overview": "Nate Boyer runs a new type of garage, ``The Doghouse,'' a co-op business where mechanics and hobbyists use Nate's tools and space to modify and restore cars.",
      "tvdb_id": "334021",
      "year": "2017",
      "slug": "gear-dogs",
        "eng": "Nate Boyer runs a new type of garage, ``The Doghouse,'' a co-op business where mechanics and hobbyists use Nate's tools and space to modify and restore cars.",
        "fin": "Amerikkalaisessa sarjassa tutustutaan autonrakentaja Nate Boyerin työhön ja yksityiselämään. Menestyvän autopajabisneksen ja kotiarjen yhdistäminen ei aina ole helppoa.",
        "por": "Nate Boyer está encarregado de um novo empreendimento onde profissionais e amadores trabalham para restaurar veículos\r\n",
        "pt": "Nate Boyer está encarregado de um novo empreendimento onde profissionais e amadores trabalham para restaurar veículos",
        "spa": "Nate Boyer está a cargo de un nuevo emprendimiento llamado \"The Doghouse\", un lugar donde profesionales y aficionados trabajan para restaurar vehículos."
      },
        "eng": "Gear Dogs",
        "por": "House of Cars: Mãos na Roda",
        "pt": "House of Cars: Mãos na Roda",
        "spa": "Gear Dogs"
      },
        {
          "id": "tt7318382",
        },
        {
          "id": "EP02525607",
        },
        {
          "id": "74118",
        }
      ],
      "thumbnail": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/334021-1_t.jpg"
    }
  ],
  "links": {
    "prev": null,
    "self": "https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/search?query=House of Cards&type=series&limit=50&page=0",
    "next": null,
    "total_items": 6,
    "page_size": 50
  }
}

What exactly did you change?

What id did you use?

Did you "Remove Identification" then reIdentify with correct providerid?

Rename Series folder to include proper Year for show version?

image.thumb.png.370e741132c51db2278ad1c45b546caf.png

ramseyn
Posted (edited)

I used House of Cards because the US version is named with US in brackets and the original UK version is just House of Cards.  What I named it matches the correct one on TVDB.

I also used the TVDB ID, ID 79861 listed on TVDB pages you show the link for. I haven't added year as the year is different for each season and the database ID should supply the rest of the information.

Edited by ramseyn

ramseyn

Oddly, tonight I tried playing anepisode.

Although they show up in the folder and the library, if try to play one, Emby says no playable content is found

So it's seeing the folder but not the videos.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, ramseyn said:

I used House of Cards because the US version is named with US in brackets and the original UK version is just House of Cards.  What I named it matches the correct one on TVDB.

I also used the TVDB ID, ID 79861 listed on TVDB pages you show the link for. I haven't added year as the year is different for each season and the database ID should supply the rest of the information.

From an api standpoint it is first come first serve so Emby uses the first result return and that is the US version no matter what from a by name standpoint.  So SAME named shows will require Year to resolve the issue.

As for using ID you applies id and Refreshed metadata or you Identified by that ID?

ramseyn
Posted (edited)

ApplieIand refreshed.

Surely a specific ID should override the order because results returned from a query must be wrong many times and need some differentiation.

And why are the folders and seasons recognised but Emby thinks the folders are empty when they clearly are not.

Edited by ramseyn

Happy2Play

I would use Identify as replacing id and just refreshing could still get things wrong if other ids are present at all levels.

ramseyn

It seems to have brought the files into the library.

First time I tried to play one Emby said there was no content, despite havinadded the file to the library.

That was yesterday; when I saw this message I tried again and it now seems to be working (l have only tried one episode on one device though - I haven't tried TV, Amazon Fire Stick or Windows PC yet, just my Samsung phone.

Bedtime now so I can confirm tomorrow (my time)

6 hours ago, ramseyn said:

It seems to have brought the files into the library.

First time I tried to play one Emby said there was no content, despite havinadded the file to the library.

That was yesterday; when I saw this message I tried again and it now seems to be working (l have only tried one episode on one device though - I haven't tried TV, Amazon Fire Stick or Windows PC yet, just my Samsung phone.

Bedtime now so I can confirm tomorrow (my time)

OK that would be great, thanks.

ramseyn

Hi Luke, I can confirm that my shows now appear on Emby clients for Samsung TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Samsung smart phone.

Why they started appearing when previously showing no content, is a mystery.

Now to trand work out why 4k videos on the Amazon 4k Fire Stick are transcoding rather than direct playing, making them unwatchable, but that's a completely separate problem...

Thanks for all your dev and support work. I find Emby much better than Plex.

16 hours ago, ramseyn said:

Now to trand work out why 4k videos on the Amazon 4k Fire Stick are transcoding rather than direct playing, making them unwatchable, but that's a completely separate problem...

Hi, did you check the stats feature in the video player to learn why it was transcoding?

ramseyn

I did and it varies from video to video. I got things  much improved by going to User settings and not allowing transcoding - I've tried several variations of the 4 tickboxes. But that is per user and doesn't help someone else ; it also means that devices with different capabilities may not be able to play some files.

CURRENT ISSUE seems to be:

The latest set of settings has managed to get me to Direct Play for audio and video (on my TV) but the Stream says "converting to compatible video level" and I cannot find what this actually means. It causes constant pausing.

This is where I have been looking for an article that explains how everything fits together without descending into video-processing techno jargon!

For example:

If I run Emby server on a NAS that has a decent GPU, is there a setting that will allow or force Emby Server to use the NAS capabilities in transcoding?

Once a file is being sent to the device, the Emby client on my TV seems limited in what it can handle (H.265 seems very hit and miss for example) so does the client tell the server what it is capable of so that Emby server tries to transcode if allowed?

And if I have a Fire TV 4k stick in between, does Emby on that use the Fire Stick GPU capabilities to convert to a strainght HDMI video output so the TV capabilities are irrelevent or does something else happen? Videos that give me trouble seem to do so whether using the Samsing TV Emby client to receive the files, or the Fire Stick, while my Samsung phone will play almost anything that's thrown at it.

When it comes to containers, does Emby have preferences? Sometimes it seems MKV plays directly but the same video in mp4 does not. And when the Stats for Nerds says it is transcoding the container - from what to what and why?

All a digression from the subject of this post but I wish I could find something that explains all this in the sort of high level terms I'm asking here rather than dropping into jargon.

Playing with frame rates at the moment to see if 60fps is causing a problem - but I need to change frame rate to see if it helps. Serving media is not straightforward for the non-video-technical person! (And I'm from an electronics and assembly programming background originally.)

Happy2Play
8 hours ago, ramseyn said:

The latest set of settings has managed to get me to Direct Play for audio and video (on my TV) but the Stream says "converting to compatible video level" and I cannot find what this actually means. It causes constant pausing.

If you disable the transcode option per user you will see reason like this but nothing is actually happen.  But the reason would mean the encoding level is supposedly not supported by the client.  So you can expect playback issues.  But exact info you need from the file media info and the specific client playing it.

If I run Emby server on a NAS that has a decent GPU, is there a setting that will allow or force Emby Server to use the NAS capabilities in transcoding?

Already does that per the Transcoding page (Hardware Acceleration).

Once a file is being sent to the device, the Emby client on my TV seems limited in what it can handle (H.265 seems very hit and miss for example) so does the client tell the server what it is capable of so that Emby server tries to transcode if allowed?

Yes client capabilities are known to the server and then decide playback method.

When it comes to containers, does Emby have preferences? Sometimes it seems MKV plays directly but the same video in mp4 does not. And when the Stats for Nerds says it is transcoding the container - from what to what and why?

There is no correct answer as every produce does something different so what work for Android will not necessarily work on Apple.  As to why depends on the client but a container swap is meaningless as it is copy/copy for audio and video.  But from a steaming standpoint it could be the player does not have direct access to file and requires the server to stream it.  So lots of information is needed to figure out why.

• Thanks 1

ramseyn

That's helpful in understanding. Thanks so much.

I shall try not to digress any further!

Danielcurly

@Happy2Play Seeing that my problem is different from this one, should i open a new post asking for help? i tried everything i could think of and im still not able to add any file to my tv show library.

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, Danielcurly said:

@Happy2Play Seeing that my problem is different from this one, should i open a new post asking for help? i tried everything i could think of and im still not able to add any file to my tv show library.

You are fine here but yes you appear to have a Permissions issue.

Line  577: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Resident.Alien.S01.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-TRiToN' is denied.
	Line  608: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Halo' is denied.
	Line  639: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Halo.S01.2160p.REPACK.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.DV.HDR.HEVC.Atmos-TRiToN' is denied.
	Line  670: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Peliculas' is denied.
	Line  701: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/The.Gentlemen.S01.2160p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.HDR.H.265-FLUX' is denied.

As for Library not even showing in setup that usually comes back to permissions also.  But am more of a Windows person so don't know much on all the quicks of permissions on these platforms.

Danielcurly
4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

You are fine here but yes you appear to have a Permissions issue.

Line  577: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Resident.Alien.S01.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-TRiToN' is denied.
	Line  608: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Halo' is denied.
	Line  639: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Halo.S01.2160p.REPACK.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.DV.HDR.HEVC.Atmos-TRiToN' is denied.
	Line  670: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/Peliculas' is denied.
	Line  701: 	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Datos/Series/The.Gentlemen.S01.2160p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.HDR.H.265-FLUX' is denied.

As for Library not even showing in setup that usually comes back to permissions also.  But am more of a Windows person so don't know much on all the quicks of permissions on these platforms.

Yes, I realized it seems to be a problem with permissions.But the thing is, this just started happening without me making any changes to the NAS or emby configuration.

After trying today everything i could think of, I found that if I give total access to the user group "everyone" in the folder settings, emby is able to find the new series and add them to the library, but for obvious reasons, I would like to avoid giving that kind of access to every user.